jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's your favourite type of poetry?

1. JakeFrost profile image60
    JakeFrostposted 5 years ago

What's your favourite type of poetry?

Do you like that have lots of imagery, or maybe metaphorical poems or even just poems that rhyme. What do you like in a poem?

2. xstatic profile image59
    xstaticposted 5 years ago

I enjoy many types of poetry, and great images always catch my eye. I don't write rhyming poetry, but enjoy well-written rhymes. I write mostly narrative poetry I suppose. I read may poets on HP and have many books of poetry on my shelf.
    Billy Collins, Stephen Dunn, Dorianne Laux, Yusef Komunyakaa are some favorites.

3. Hector Rosales profile image60
    Hector Rosalesposted 5 years ago

I like to read dark poetry. I write dark poetry myself... My thoughts seem to always carry a somber tone and I like reading the writings of people who seem to think the way I do. I like all poetry that comes from the heart, I just prefer to read poetry from the obscure variety.

4. Ushnav profile image60
    Ushnavposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7092419_f260.jpg

I enjoy all types of poetry and often find poetry in random words too. Words when written and pronounced separately don't make any sense, but when these are written in some order, they have a beautiful meaning. I love poems and I guess this is because I have been writing them for a couple of years.

5. miss1magination profile image66
    miss1maginationposted 5 years ago

I Love poetry, it has history. I also like to read and write love poetry. Rhyme poems catch my eye.

6. Beata Stasak profile image83
    Beata Stasakposted 5 years ago

I love interesting and original poems that catch my eye, are pleasant to my ear and touch something deeply in my heart....any form of poetry is great if there is something new and original for  a poet to say....

working