jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you have a favorite industry or type of business to write for?

1. Mighty Mom profile image86
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

Do you have a favorite industry or type of business to write for?

2. DSteelman profile image60
    DSteelmanposted 5 years ago

My preference is addiction/alcoholism... I just love to write and am trying to get into any industry at the moment.

3. dukeworks profile image60
    dukeworksposted 5 years ago

Hi Mighty Mom! I seem to have a natural talent for mechanical and technical things, and enjoy writing on topics where a lot of complicated data needs to be truncated and simplified for the reader. So I am most comfortable and happy writing about how things work, how to diagnose and repair things, or making complicated systems understandable.

That sounds like a complicated answer to me. My work tends to shine when writing about things that require a good amount of research. It's difficult if I'm being paid by the word, but it gives me satisfaction when the article has been completed. Thanks for the question, Mighty Mom!

4. WritingPrompts profile image74
    WritingPromptsposted 5 years ago

I like writing (and reading) about the craft of writing fiction. At the moment it's my favorite, but I enjoy writing about any subject that I am currently interested in.  I used to be in IT and find computers to be easy to write about if someone asks a question - but boring otherwise.  Same with trucking (which I do now).  It's easy to write because I know it, but boring unless I know there is someone on the other end that is really interested.

5. carlafischer22 profile image59
    carlafischer22posted 5 years ago

i love to write about personal experiences. here's an example of one of my articles: http://voices.yahoo.com/still-havent-lo … tml?cat=25

working