jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Who's your favourite Brontë?

1. visionandfocus profile image71
    visionandfocusposted 5 years ago

Who's your favourite Brontë?

Is there an existing image of all 4 siblings where poor Branwell isn't inked out?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7153299_f260.jpg

2. His princesz profile image61
    His princeszposted 5 years ago

My all time favorite. The author of Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte smile
    Next would be Emily who wrote Wuthering Heights, my next favorite Bronte book smile

3. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

Emily... I also love Charlotte, but there's just something about Emily... Wuthering heights is an amazing book. I've read it so many times and even so I started reading it again two days ago and again I'm absolutely loving it... The imagery, the characters, all that love and all that dementia... Amazing...

4. iheartkafka profile image71
    iheartkafkaposted 5 years ago

Wow...tough question! I suppose if I had to chose, it would be Charlotte Bronte. Jane Eyre is just such an unlikely heroine. I can't tell you how many times I've read the novel and I can never decide if I even like the romance between her and Rochester--yet, for me, the "romance" is all secondary to narrative point of view that was totally ground breaking for its Victorian time period.

Because of its date of publication, Jane Eyre can, arguably, fit into several literary genres: romanticism, Victorian, and gothic lit. But the great thing about this novel, is that while it does have certain aspects you'd expect to see from each of these genres, Jane Eyre simply refuses to be pigeon holed.

working