jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Who are your favorite writers?

1. YimmyP profile image84
    YimmyPposted 5 years ago

Who are your favorite writers?

Which writers, living or not, either inspire you or excite you. Who writes the books that you just can't get enough of? What genre do they represent?

2. rebeccamealey profile image85
    rebeccamealeyposted 5 years ago

For poetry I just love H.Wadsworth Longfellow. He work is so traditional but so cool!

3. My Minds Eye53 profile image59
    My Minds Eye53posted 5 years ago

Edgar Allen Poe, The Brothers Grimm, Emily Dickinson, James Joyce, Dorothy Gilman. Nancy Bush and her sister Lisa Jackson.  There are so many I could never name them all.  I like mystery, biographies or scary books with comic relief.  I also read history books.

4. Niteriter profile image77
    Niteriterposted 5 years ago

I always have trouble choosing between Mark Twain and Samuel L. Clemens. Interestingly, they both grew up in a small town in Missouri, USA. I guess there's something in Missouri that nurtures the creative spirit.

5. girlpower profile image74
    girlpowerposted 5 years ago

Fav science fiction: Doris Lessing, written in the thirties, she was way ahead of her time, some of her fiction was not science fiction but some of it was
    Fav fiction Colette, D.H. Lawrence,  Katherine Mansfield and newer Gabriella Zevon,  "Elsewhere" fantastic and Amy Bloom, Garth who wrote The art of racing in the rain,
    all of Carlos Castaneda,

working