jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What were your favourite books as a teenager?

1. mikgio profile image77
    mikgioposted 5 years ago

What were your favourite books as a teenager?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6765259_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    beaddveposted 5 years ago

I used to consider Hamlet was my favorite book, but I changed my mind after I studied more classic works.

3. Maria-Arg profile image78
    Maria-Argposted 5 years ago

My favorite book as a teenager and still to this day is To Kill A Mockingbird. I've always loved coming-of age books and movies.

4. backporchstories profile image79
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

As a teenager I took a novel class in high school.  It was a wonderful way to study classics and learn of new authors.  My most favorite book to this day is "The Power Of One", by Bryce Courtenay.  This is a very moving and compassionate story of a boy who loses both his parents while living in land not of his heritage, Africa!  He grows to a man in one spell bound book that shows the human compacity to overcome those who dominate!  This book was written in the late 1960s and is still revelent to today's society.  This is a must read!!!!!

5. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

Depends what you mean as a 'teenager.'  Are we talking thirteen and fourteen, or eighteen and nineteen?   There is a huge difference.   At thirteen and fourteen I was into the type of adventure stories written by Jack London.  By nineteen, The Caine Mutiny.    Of course I cannot list the hundreds of books I devoured with my reading over these years, but those two will give an indication of the type of fiction - and it nearly always was fiction.   Non-fiction came later.  And after turning thirty or so, has made up most of my reading ever since.

6. pythian2 profile image68
    pythian2posted 5 years ago

One book that sticks out in my mind is - Pardon Me You're Stepping On My Eyeball, by Paul Zindel.

I was 17 at the time and now over 30 years later I can still remember eagerly devouring the book. The title alone is hard to forget.

7. Redberry Sky profile image94
    Redberry Skyposted 5 years ago

I was going to say To Kill a Mockingbird, but then I saw Maria-Arg beat me to it, so I have to go with Stephen King's Stand - I read it one long hot summer when I was fifteen and it gave me shivers and chills while I bathed in the sun every day smile

8. mikgio profile image77
    mikgioposted 5 years ago

Thanks for the responses! I'm definitely going to check out a few of these books!

9. amb1jer profile image59
    amb1jerposted 5 years ago

I was a big fan of V.C. Andrews. Loved the suspence.

working