jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is the ipad good for reading e-books?

1. Stickypony profile image75
    Stickyponyposted 5 years ago

Is the ipad good for reading e-books?

2. sparkleyfinger profile image92
    sparkleyfingerposted 5 years ago

Yes. It's high resolution screen (on the iPad 3) means that the text can be enlarged massively without pixelation for those with bad eyesight.  The screen brightness is also adjustable, and there are many apps which allow you to download ebooks for free! You can also adjust whether your page is landscape or portrait. Lots of options, plus, unlike kindles or jobs, the iPad can also be used for menu more useful applications!

3. VirginiaLynne profile image98
    VirginiaLynneposted 5 years ago

Yes, what I really like is that I can be reading a book on my Kindle and if someone else is using it, I can flip over to the Amazon Kindle app on my Ipad and pick up the book from there.  It is also very nice for us older folks because you can change the size of the letters.

4. Medievalist profile image79
    Medievalistposted 5 years ago

I adore reading books on my iPad. I have the iPad three and the first generation one (I write books about the iPad) and I've seen ebooks on the iPad mini; it too is very good for ebooks, though not quite as good as the retina screens of the iPad 3 and 4.

There are those who do not like the back lit LCD screen, and prefer the Kindle eink screen. I'm not one of them. Kindle screens for me are like trying to read a wet newspaper. The iPad mini while the screen is not a retina screen, has the advantage of being easier to hold in one hand, and it thus ideally suited to reading. I'd recommend an iPad for ebooks over other readers because it can read every conceivable kind of ebook, Kindle, epub, prc, .pdf, Nook, etc.

working