Tumblr vs blogger? Or sth else?

1. SilverRingvee profile image60
    SilverRingveeposted 5 years ago

Tumblr vs blogger? Or sth else?

So, which blogging platform do you use? What are the advantages and disadvantages? Have you been using different platforms? Tell me about your opinion of different blogging platforms.

2. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 5 years ago

I use Tumblr only because I like to record my thoughts and feelings sometimes. But it really is just for me and I'm not sure I want friends or family to see what I'm writing about them.

My general thoughts on blogging: Prior to 2008, 99% of Bloggers were self-promoting bores who wanted attention. Now, most of those people have switched to facebook where they can essentially shout about themselves every day to other people as if with megaphones. The new blogging community seems to have become quasi-intellectual--or, it at least tries to be. A truly informative and intellectual blog will never succeed, because it will be deemed "boring" by most people who routinely use the internet. Instead, "informative" blog sites are reduced to relying on images and thought-provoking photography to drum up traffic. There is now an enthusiasm for knowledge. But no actual knowledge is being shared or absorbed. People still like to laugh and be entertained. They crack wise jokes. It's sort of a "Jon Stewart syndrome" where the only way to inform people is to make them laugh or blow them away with blunt images.

3. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

I have used both, and personally, I have found more success with Tumblr.
    I found that I get more traffic with Tumblr - this is from following a lot of similar blogs and liking posts and such. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't find much success on Blogger, plus I felt a bit isolated on there - like my few readers (numbers were pretty low) wouldn't comment or anything.

Plus, I find that I'm better able to connect with other bloggers and my followers. They always joke about Tumblr being a family and I completely agree. I have met some wonderful individuals on here smile

I also love how customizable the Tumblr platform is, and that you can choose from so many looks and layouts for your blog.

I actually wrote and published a Hub on here talking about the reasons why I love Tumblr.