jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (17 posts)

What are some of your favourite quotes or sayings?

1. Cardia profile image94
    Cardiaposted 5 years ago

What are some of your favourite quotes or sayings?

Some of mine are "Those who danced were considered insane by those who couldn't hear the music" and "I am and will always be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes. The dreamer of improbable dreams." (Doctor Who)

What are some of yours?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.
    Ronald Reagan

3. janshares profile image96
    jansharesposted 5 years ago

"This too, shall pass."
    "God don't like ugly."
    "One day at a time."
    "Let go and let God."

4. Marcus99 profile image58
    Marcus99posted 5 years ago

“A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.”

Winston S. Churchill

5. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

"in the beginning, The Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

6. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

"Life is a comedy to a thinker, but life is a tragedy to those that feel."
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein
    "Escalators can never break, they can only become stairs."

7. bankscottage profile image95
    bankscottageposted 5 years ago

I like, 'Excellence is a Standard, Not a Goal'.

8. fitmom profile image83
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

It could always be worse.

No matter what's happened, I always remind myself that things could always be worse and find a way to be thankful in the midst of whatever stressful or frustrating situation I am in.

9. stricktlydating profile image84
    stricktlydatingposted 5 years ago

I've written a collection of quotes Hubs, but personally, my favourite quote is quite simple it's  "Follow your dreams"...

10. profile image0
    Moeskyposted 5 years ago

This self-penned thought has been my guideline this last year:

"Is it the things you've done in your life that have defined who you are - or is it the things that fear has prevented you from doing that have defined who you are not?"

11. cjpooja26 profile image65
    cjpooja26posted 5 years ago

"Just take a step towards your goal and you will find the whole staircase"

12. CertifiedHandy profile image80
    CertifiedHandyposted 5 years ago

"For better it is to dare mighty things, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."   - The Original Rough Rider, Teddy Roosevelt...

13. profile image47
    iamSECONDposted 5 years ago

"All things are possible through him who believes."- Mark 9:32

14. scarletquill99 profile image86
    scarletquill99posted 5 years ago

I have lots but my current favourite is:

“The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life.” - Jessica Hische

1. profile image0
      Moeskyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Brilliant!

15. Smith77F profile image55
    Smith77Fposted 5 years ago

"Tout est pour le mieux dans le meilleur des mondes possibles." -  "All is for the best in the best of all possible worlds."
    Voltaire
    Ask no questions and hear no lies.

16. cianeko profile image86
    cianekoposted 5 years ago

"There is no such thing as overnight success or easy money. If you fail, do not be discouraged; try again. When you do well, do not change your ways. Success is not just good luck: it is a combination of hard work, good credit standing, opportunity, readiness and timing. Success will not last if you do not take care of it." -Henry Sy

"Holding on to a resentment is like eating a rat poison and waiting for the rat to die." - Anne Lamott

working