jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Does your library have an ebook collection? If yes, do you use it or plan to? In

1. buckleupdorothy profile image86
    buckleupdorothyposted 5 years ago

Does your library have an ebook collection? If yes, do you use it or plan to? In what capacity?

2. Mhatter99 profile image81
    Mhatter99posted 5 years ago

Yes. As I cannot leave my house, their collection is available on my computer.

3. mactavers profile image93
    mactaversposted 5 years ago

The Sedona Arizona Library does have ebooks available for a 3 week loan, but unless we are traveling, I find it much faster to read a book.  This is especially true if it is a longer book.

4. Rod Marsden profile image74
    Rod Marsdenposted 5 years ago

No e-book collection as yet. That is for the future for when I have the money to get started. In the meantime I have a large paperback collection that is getting out of hand.

5. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

Yes, I have a brochure about my library's ebook collection. I haven't gotten around to doing anything with it yet. But I probably will, especially if there are no fines! No matter how hard I try, I always forget to return library books!

6. Mathewson profile image79
    Mathewsonposted 5 years ago

Well, I have I think around 200 ebooks on my Ipad, and I do use them quite often.
    The best thing about reading ebooks, is that it is not like reading on a laptop. Its easy and quick and basically limitless. The only negative thing is the loss of sort of traditional feeling of paper in your hands, which I like. But otherwise its really good.
    I use my ebook library everyday.
    My school library have an ebook collection and their own e-readers, which are possible to be taken out for 2 weeks. Its also very comfortable, but I have my own ebook library so I don't use it, but many of my co-students do.

7. profile image0
    lesliebyarsposted 5 years ago

Our local library has an E Book collection but I don't read them. However, my IPad has I Book and I have five books on it, so far.

8. joanwz profile image74
    joanwzposted 5 years ago

Yes our library system has an ebook collection. I use it from time to time doing research on different topics. I just check it out online with my library card, same as any other book.

9. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

Our public library does offer e-books. My wife has a "Nook" e-reader and has taken advantage of their services.
    I don't own an e-reader (and I rarely touch my wife's unless it's to sneak in a quick game of Angry Birds) so it's a non-issue for me.

working