jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How are hubs scored before they're published?

1. Shanders profile image78
    Shandersposted 5 years ago

How are hubs scored before they're published?

2. lovebuglena profile image86
    lovebuglenaposted 5 years ago

Not sure what u mean by this... I don't think hubs that are in draft mode or unpublished have a hub score.  For me usually once I publish a hub the hub score for that hub is in upper 40s or low 50s, regardless of the topic. And then it goes up. I never understood why it starts off so low.

1. Shanders profile image78
      Shandersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Mine as I write them go between 60 and 80, on my account page where all the hubs are listed,they seem to go up and down even in draft mode, so I'm wondering what makes that happen as the author is supposed to be the only one to see an unpublished hub

2. David Trujillo profile image85
      David Trujilloposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I even have hubscores for hubs that only have the title and are unpublished.

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image86
    LuisEGonzalezposted 5 years ago

Hubs seem to be scored by the key words in the title; good SEO words get a higher pre-publication score than others and this seems to be highly depended on niche titles, this plus the total word count, capsules, videos, photos etc. After publication then the score rises or falls as per the views that it receives.

4. wqaindia profile image46
    wqaindiaposted 5 years ago

I think hub score is directly linked to the author's overall popularity on the web and not alone at HP. In the last fortnight, what I could observe that I remained active somewhere else on the web through my contributions and when I cam back here the score jumped. Either it might be due to overall popularity as a Google Featured Author or due to providing of my articles' links in my contributions elsewhere on the web. Only today I checked up with foodinsurance and through my profile I commented on their article which talked about every type of security but missed to mention online, netbanking, bank lockers security and above all social security.

5. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

This is a million dollar question. Those who know are the powers that be.

working