jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

How does HP compare to other writing sites-for you?

1. lorlie6 profile image83
    lorlie6posted 4 years ago

How does HP compare to other writing sites-for you?

I've found HubPages much more user friendly and community oriented than others-the opinions you offer I believe will be enlightening.

2. definitions profile image60
    definitionsposted 4 years ago

It is the best, I feel.  I tried several other writing sites but the approval process for publishing content was rather long, and also there wasn't that sense of community that HubPages possesses. Also, the quality of content here is markedly higher than other sites.  A+

3. PurvisBobbi44 profile image81
    PurvisBobbi44posted 4 years ago

HubPages and Blogger are my favorite sites.

The customer service is faster on HubPages and I have always been happy with how I am treated here.

And I have met the most amazing people here that I respect and enjoy their hubs. Three Years ago I would never communicate with anyone on the Internet---but now I do happily with our Community of Hubbers.

4. EricDockett profile image100
    EricDockettposted 4 years ago

I have content on Squidoo, Wizzley and Infobarrel.  I like them all, but I don't seem to have the success that I do here at HP.  Admittedly, I probably haven't given them a fair chance since I tend to put my best content where I know it will make money.  That means here at HubPages.  However, if HP were to suddenly go *poof* I think each of the those sites would be worth putting time into.  I probably will build up more content on them someday, but for now HubPages is the best place for me and my content.

5. jlongrc profile image86
    jlongrcposted 4 years ago

I make money at Yahoo! Contributors, but it is far more restrictive and feels predicated on luck.  HubPages has been far less lucrative for me and probably always will be, but I like the freedom in terms of subject matter and the way I can format and write my Hubs.  WordPress is the ultimate in being able to choose content and formatting as I wish, but there is no community support and I don't have the chops (or motivation, really) to create readers for myself or really navigate the hosting side of things.

1. lorlie6 profile image83
      lorlie6posted 4 years agoin reply to this

jlongrc-fascinating answer!  I don't use Yahoo! much and had no idea money could be made on the site.  I've been on HP for years and haven't seen much cash at all-I do agree with you about formatting.  I also really enjoy the community  interaction.

2. jlongrc profile image86
      jlongrcposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yep, there are people that make a living at Y! but there are many more that get things published and struggle to get a few views.  They do offer some upfront opportunities and there is a lot of $ on Y! News, Sports, etc. in page views.

6. Sue Bailey profile image80
    Sue Baileyposted 4 years ago

I think HubPages is about the best.  It may not be the best paid but the articles posted here are much better quality than some of the other sites.

working