jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How early do you get up to write?

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

How early do you get up to write?

Are you a morning writer? I find I am at my best mentally for writing when I first wake up in the morning - and the earlier the better. I happily wake up at 5 to write or at least go about my writing-related tasks (checking HP, attempting the freelance market, self promotion, creative writing, etc)
    What's your ritual?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

I have written very early in the mornings. But, I would rather be wide awake to write. lol I.m not a morning person. It takes me around an hour to come around.

3. profile image0
    Joanne M Olivieriposted 4 years ago

I don't get up at a specific time to write.  When I work the afternoon shifts at work then I write in the mornings which Is what I prefer.  When I work a morning shift I usually do not write at all that day.

4. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 4 years ago

Getting up at around 9.30 am, I keep daytime for activities/business that finishes late afternoon/early evening. Then it's time to eat. Around 8.30 in the evening I start off checking e-mails and writing replies to them as well as to comments on Hubs; maybe answer a question or two.
    Then it's on to writing between five and ten pages of the follow-up stories in the saga series I started off a few years back, if not editing one - as I am now. I might get to bed by 1.30am.
    Getting away on a few days off every now and then makes life easier, as last weekend when I travelled up north for a shareholders' meeting of the NYMR at Pickering.

5. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

I get up at seven and have breakfast. When I finish eating and cleaning dishes it can be nine or nine-thirty and I am on the PC. I usually check the emails first, unless important thoughts for the writing are in my head.
    I break for lunch but finish eating and cleaning ASAP and get back to writing until supper. Then I am usually done for the day.
    Except for what I put on paper after that.

6. wqaindia profile image79
    wqaindiaposted 4 years ago

Some times I get up early in the morning and after surfing for hot and latest stuff, I get the ideas to be translated into writings. Honestly speaking it depends upon the mood, subject knowledge. However the early morning time before breakfast is best for writing exercise.

7. Acmontero profile image60
    Acmonteroposted 4 years ago

Honestly, if it was up to me I would be up at 5 am when no one else in the house is up and it is nice an quiet. Free of distractions with a cup of coffee and my laptop. Unfortunately, I have other responsibilities and I get to write at night sometimes when I am in bed alone and on weekend afternoons. FYI it's only me, my husband, two dogs and work. I can only imagine what it will be like when we through kids in the mix. smile

8. LensMan999 profile image52
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

I usually wake up at 4.30 A.M. During day time I will be very busy, but when ever I get a free time I try to write. There's no fixed time for these activities.

9. sriramapriya profile image63
    sriramapriyaposted 4 years ago

No, am not morning writer. I work in a college from morning 9:30 to 5 pm, after coming home i take tutions at home up to 8:30 pm then i start writing

10. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

During the week I sit down to write after getting home from work. I love sleeping in on the weekends, so I'll write whenever I get a chance after waking up.

11. sickdub profile image61
    sickdubposted 4 years ago

at 6am of course. when your mind is fresh and you have a ton of energy.