jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

All my creative writing abilities have stopped until I can get something resolve

1. joeyallen profile image81
    joeyallenposted 4 years ago

All my creative writing abilities have stopped until I can get something resolved.

Suite101 is making money off my articles. I can't get onto suite to edit or delete my articles and have not received any payment since early Spring but my articles still are on the internet with ads.

Question #1) Is suite ripping me off? I can't think of any other answer than "Yes".
    Question #2) I want to sell or put these articles on Hubpages (Whom I think is trustworthy) but I'm a little afraid to duplicate them even though they are mine.
    Someone help me

2. nichellewebster profile image61
    nichellewebsterposted 4 years ago

Can Suite 101's customer support help you?

joeyallenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I cannot get into suite to do anything...are you able to?

2. nichellewebster profile image61
      nichellewebsterposted 4 years agoin reply to this

What if you created another username and used that to get in and contact customer service?

3. joeyallen profile image81

I am convinced NO One can get into Suite...they are ripping off their writers

3. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I'm not personally familiar with suite 101, but there is a good chance that they own the rights to your articles. A lot of pay-for-writing websites have very long terms with legal mumbo-jumbo stating ownership of anything you publish with them. The only way to remove it is by deleting it yourself, though that requires you be able to log in. I had a similar experience with eHow a long time ago. I suspected I was going to get locked out of my account, which would have resulted in the loss of all my articles to them, so I quickly deleted them before it happened.

For someone in your position I would recommend you keep trying customer service in any way you can. In the meantime, write new articles for hubpages. If possible, you might even be able to rewrite your old articles with different enough wording that it won't flag the duplicate tag.

I believe from memory I now have the right to do anything I want with my suite101articles. My main issue is; can I now put them on Hubpages?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
      M. T. Dremerposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Since the duplicate tag is automated, it will appear if your article exists anywhere else on the internet. You can try to appeal to HubPages moderators for help, but most likely they will not remove the tag until the original articles are gone.

working