jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

When is your most productive time to write and describe why?

1. MDavisatTIERS profile image83
    MDavisatTIERSposted 4 years ago

When is your most productive time to write and describe why?

Although answered about 17 months ago, I am asking again because I think it broadens our awareness of the benefits and drawbacks for choosing - "early morning when I'm fresh", or "late at night when the family is quiet."

2. CraftytotheCore profile image83
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

The most productive time for me to write is in the morning.  But I have found lately that nothing else gets done when I take up all of my morning time to write.  So I decided to make a schedule for myself and do my writing in the afternoons.  Today I fell off that path because of unforeseen circumstances, but that's what I will attempt to do in the future. 

The reason for this is because I used to have a routine before I started writing on HP.  I find everyone so interesting here though that I can't remove myself from reading everything.  So I need willpower to stop coming here first and getting the other important stuff done that I should be doing first.  Then I can sit here and play. smile

MDavisatTIERSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the comment.  I also used to write in the mornings; coffee, birds and the rising sun seemed inspirational.  Like you,  I have checked my usual sites most mornings this week, and have gotten off schedule.

3. CroftRoan profile image81
    CroftRoanposted 4 years ago

I write whenever I have time or the fancy strikes me. Lately I've been doing a lot of late night writing because it's peaceful and I seem to have a better flow of imagination later in the day.

Thanks for your comment.  My morning schedule got thrown off this week, so I wanted to hear from late night writers. I think we all have to find our best time, and you seem to be using your late nights creatively.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

Late night right before going to bed...that is when my ideas start to roil and I want to start writing.

Happy that works for you, however, if I'm thinking of bed I'm better off reading other's words than trying to develop mine.  Although I have been known to get up if it's a worthwhile idea......

5. iskhoso profile image61
    iskhosoposted 3 years ago

Hi MDavisatTIERS

I think in morning perhaps the ideal time to write as fresh mind may be more productive. However, I prefer to write in late night as at that time I wound up all my activities and concentrate all my efforts to produce better recipe.

MDavisatTIERSposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Good afternoon, iskhoso; it seems like you can write anytime.  How fortunate.  Thanks for your response. ~Marilyn

working