jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is your best productive time for writing? e.g. early morning, late night, e

1. lex123 profile image66
    lex123posted 6 years ago

What is your best productive time for writing? e.g. early morning, late night, etc.

2. roc6 profile image74
    roc6posted 6 years ago

Everyone is different, I have days where I am more productive in the morning and others days in the evening. No hard or fast rule.

3. Eazy_E profile image81
    Eazy_Eposted 6 years ago

Hands down for me it late at night when everyone is asleep and I am left to think about who I am. When I am forced to look at myself with the eyes of judge, jury, and executioner. That's when I find I write my best.

4. Pennypines profile image60
    Pennypinesposted 6 years ago

inspiration comes at all times of day and night.  Sometimes I despair of ever making a good point.  Then suddenly it rushes out, surprising me with its effectiveness.  I have made a habit of jotting thoughts down immediately, then going back and refining them, generally in the wee hours of the morning.

5. ladeda profile image60
    ladedaposted 6 years ago

I love writing in the early morning. I feel like I've had bit of a writing lull ever since I started working night shift. Something about my morning time being at night doesn't leave me feeling as productive as I normally would.

6. Made profile image60
    Madeposted 6 years ago

Afternoons are good for me, if I quit my job a little earlier in the day. I don't think I've written any hub in the morning.

7. remaniki profile image81
    remanikiposted 5 years ago

I am generally at my writing best after 10 p.m. The silence of the night gives me fresh energy and I work peacefully for about 2 to 3 hours. Daytime is generally very busy because I am a caregiver for my mother, so I hardly get to sit at my desk continuously.
    This is why I choose the night hours to work without any interruption.

8. Hypersapien profile image36
    Hypersapienposted 5 years ago

Early morning, but basically any time I can get some peace and quiet.

9. Ciel Clark profile image73
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

Usually my most productive time is late at night when everyone is asleep.  It is often difficult for me to get my train of thought back if I am interrupted--that has caused quite a few half-written and unpublished hubs!