jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (13 posts)

When you get late night munchies, what do you crave most often?

1. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

When you get late night munchies, what do you crave most often?

2. profile image0
    Kommadantposted 5 years ago

The things that I crave most often at night are sweet foods; such as ice cream, cookies, and peanut butter. I rarely eat sweets though, but for some reason, I always crave these things when I get the late night munchies.

3. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

I crave nuts, or crackers mostly. I love sweets, and I think I get enough of that during the day; so by night fall my body needs salty stuff.... smile

4. coffeegginmyrice profile image83
    coffeegginmyriceposted 5 years ago

I'd go for soda crackers topped with cheddar cheese chunks or Philadelphia cheese. Other times, I'd be satisfied if I have a toasted soft bread roll, then spread on some butter!

5. BDazzler profile image79
    BDazzlerposted 5 years ago

Food, definitely food.  Mostly I want something to eat, and usually, that's food. tongue

breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You speak fluent sarcasm, BDazzler.  I know it well. wink

6. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 5 years ago

Whenever I get the late night munchies, it is always for something sweet. I go raiding the cupboards for chocolate, biscuits or anything that tastes sweet. On Saturday night, I got up at 2am to find that there was no chocolate left nor any biscuits. In the end, I made myself a slice of toast with butter and jam.

My partner has a nickname for me, and that is "Squirrel", because I am always nibbling late at night!

7. alian346 profile image72
    alian346posted 5 years ago

It's always 4am and it's always chocolate, chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate. I'm going to attend chocoholics anonymous!!

8. jennzie profile image85
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

Almost anything sweet- or at least loaded with carbs. big_smile

breathe2travelposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Why is it we crave carb-laden foods just before sleep, or right from slumber -- but not in the middle of the day when we are most active????  wink

9. Sherry Hewins profile image96
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 years ago

Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich with a tall glass of milk.

10. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 5 years ago

Has anyone noticed the "weight loss" ad at the bottom of this hub?  How funny!

11. profile image0
    Starmom41posted 5 years ago

I usually don't crave late-night snacks, but when I do it's usually chicken nuggets or cereal

working