jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Publishing Fantasy

1. ThompsonPen profile image78
    ThompsonPenposted 4 years ago

Publishing Fantasy

Alright! I've done it! I've got something I'm willing to send off to the publishers to tear a part and who knows! Perhaps even get on a book shelf or two!
    I don't know where to start! Has any one gone bout attempting to publish their sci-fi/fantasy work?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 4 years ago

I just recently spent a year trying to get my fantasy novel published. I wrote two hubs that should be helpful to you. The first is a list of agencies that accept science fiction and fantasy submissions. There are a few publishers on there too, but, for the most part, publishers don't accept submissions unless you have an agent.

http://mtdremer.hubpages.com/hub/Litera … re-Fiction

The second hub is one I wrote about my own personal journey trying to get published. Since your story is also in the sci-fi/fantasy genre, I think it could be helpful, if for no other reason than it shows a similar journey.

http://mtdremer.hubpages.com/hub/My-Str … ublication

ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for sharing the hubs! I checked them out, they were helpful!

3. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 4 years ago

You can self-publish through different avenues. Firstly you can go to Amazon and register your book(s) with Kindle on the KDP route. Currently they've got a Kindle promotion going on, called Matchbook, where you can register your book at half-price to 'clean up' on royalties. I've got three books on Kindle, entered there after publishing in 'solid' paperback form through New Generation Publishing, a London-based self-publishing company through whom I shall re-publish my first book because the organisation I went through over-priced it,
    www.newgeneration-publishing.com/  or e-mail them at: info@newgeneration-publishing.com   
    You can't lose. People may be buying Kindle by the crateful, but there are still many who physically like to turn pages. I also think a signed book or bookmark is welcome by those who treasure that sort of thing. I've autographed quite a few of my books, and given my three offspring a signed copy each for their assistance with my laptop.
    Form an orderly queue please!

ThompsonPenposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm certainly a page turner smile I'm glad the self publishing has been good to you. I've been having a hard time with it, though I did mine through Lulu. When I lived in the UK i was going to do Author House, but I couldn't afford their packages.

working