jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

What kind of books would you recommend for me?

1. shahkar-khan profile image60
    shahkar-khanposted 4 years ago

What kind of books would you recommend for me?

Well I am 25 and I am an internee at KPMG. I never had interest in reading books until recently. A couple of months back I started reading books and as they say 'progress begets progress', I am observing an increase not only in my efficiency to read books but in my urge to keep reading more and more stuff.
    Can you guys give me a few titles that I can incorporate in my checklist.
    thanks

2. profile image0
    kylesandersonposted 4 years ago

Well, I don't know what types of books you're looking for. So, I'll just name some of my favorites, then I'll name some of my favorite popular writers for you to check out...

Some of my favorite books by different novelists:

"The Contortionist's Handbook" by Craig Clevenger
    "The Sheltering Sky" by Paul Bowles
    "Sacre Bleu" by Christopher Moore
    "The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse" by Robert Rankin
    "Person" by Sam Pink
    "Help! A Bear is Eating Me!" by Mykle Hansen
    "The Gospel of Anarchy" by Justin Taylor
    "Threats" by Amelia Gray

Some of my favorite popular/great writers:

Ernest Hemingway, Christopher Moore, Chuck Palahniuk, Charles Bukowski, William Faulkner, Edgar Allan Poe, Arthur Conan Doyle, Sylvia Plath, Franz Kafka (his short stories, I'm not a big fan of his novels)

shahkar-khanposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks for the list of books. i will surely reduce the above list onto a piece of paper and take that piece with me to the book shop next time i go there.

3. profile image0
    cjaroszposted 4 years ago

The first thing you need to do is figure out what want to read. There are thousands of books out there. I could tell to you to read them all. You need to know what kind of books you are interested in reading. This will help not only others, nut yourself included to find books that you enjoy reading.

Comedy
    Thriller
    Action
    Romance
    Mystery

This list goes on. When you figure out what kind off books you want to read. It will narrow it down for others to be able to give you the best possible answer!

I will read any book that is thought provoking and that enables me learn something.

4. TheDailyMessenger profile image59
    TheDailyMessengerposted 4 years ago

i like fantasy stories because, your imagination is limitless

yeah such books can be calming but you should not allow such books to influence your mind because such books take you away from reality. Your rational thoughts can be dented if you start believing in such books.

working