jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

To hubbers out there, what are the subjects/topics you have written on that have

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 4 years ago

To hubbers out there, what are the subjects/topics you have written on that have received the most

negative visceral responses?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8529555_f260.jpg

2. bethperry profile image93
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

I don't keep precise tabs on these things, but if memory serves, it is probably the ones that have to do with politics. But I do recall another, which got the attention of some religious fanatic, and I believe it was a Hub about the need for religious tolerance. That person was the reason I implemented the Moderation notifications for comments.This person just continued to bomb the comments section with not only LENGTHY visceral hogwash but supplied links to his youtube ministry rants as well. I don't have time to respond to every tirade from intolerant people, and three or four sermons in a row isn't fair to my readers.

3. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 4 years ago

Hi GM.  I haven't written hubs about it but have been involved in Q&A concerning gay people that just blew my mind. Not so much how much negative response there has been, but where all the different negative responses come from and for how many different reasons they are negative. Take the gay marriage issue for instance. It's been the topic of discussion numerous times and usually ends in some sort of an argument. I am not gay, but I hate seeing some of the horrible things I have read said about gay people. Negative is far too easy of a word. I choose to call gay people " different than me" in that sense. But the same in all other ways. Whether other's beliefs are based on society or religion, I can't see damning these people to hell and I've seen that many times.

1. bethperry profile image93
      bethperryposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is like a pet hate among for some people; so sad, but so annoying.

2. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

This is so true.  It is analogous to a snake about to strike.  Good comments ALL.

4. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 4 years ago

I have 2 hubs that sparked some very hateful remarks. One of my hubs asking questions to Christians had several comments that I actually deleted (and that's rare for me) because they were name calling. In another one of my hubs where I explained how I became atheist I was actually told by a responder that it was my fault I was sexually abused because I didn't tell when I was small (5 to 10 years  old). The reasoning for their response was because they were offended that I implied if there was a God that I would have expected to be saved from that sort of thing. It amazes me how quickly people resort to name calling or saying hateful remarks. I have to wonder if those people are suffering with some self esteem issues. It's the only reason I can comprehend that would explain some of the remarks I see.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Same here, I wrote a hub on the advantages of small families over that of large families. Received some negative comments which I DELETED.

working