jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

What is your favorite part about writing?

1. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 4 years ago

What is your favorite part about writing?

We are all writers. You have at least one hub don't you?  Congratulations!  Good, bad or just a pile of words typed next to each other, our stories tell something about us, our ideas, and this world.

2. cat on a soapbox profile image96
    cat on a soapboxposted 4 years ago

Hi Renee. Good question!  I think my favorite part of writing is simple expression. It is taking all of my sensory experience and relating it in words whether in my personal journal or shared forms. I prefer to jot thoughts down in bits as they come to me, then piece them together. The second reason that I enjoy it is my love of words and language.  Connection is also a large part of the joy of writing. Sometimes it can be sharing practical information. At other times it is evoking an emotional response. It's all good!
    Best wishes for a happy Thanksgiving-
    Cat smile

ReneeDC1979posted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks Cat - great words - an answer i never expected :-)   Happy and Safe Holiday to you - keep hubbing!!

3. janshares profile image99
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

My favorite part about writing on HubPages is clicking "publish." I get a feeling of relief and anticipation, wrapped around accomplishment. In general, what I love about writing is putting words together, changing them around, finding new or better ways to say something. It's fun.

ReneeDC1979posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Great points janshares - thank you for sharing - i love the publish feeling also :-) -Happy Holidays - see you soon!

4. Lizam1 profile image82
    Lizam1posted 4 years ago

Writing, like painting is the freedom to express myself in my words without constraint (other than not to abuse or belittle others).  That said I think I am guilty of belittling certain politicians on Facebook who appear to have no moral or social compass.  Seriously I love the freedom writing brings to my life, the opportunity to share via hub pages ideas and recipes, crafts etc. and as a release and relief to my mental health - when I don't know the answer to a problem, writing about how I feel oftentimes brings me to understanding and resolution.  I also use painting in the same way as a therapeutic outlet and to stimulate my brain out of confusion and into the way forward.

5. loveofnight profile image81
    loveofnightposted 4 years ago

Getting all of this stuff out of my head. Throughout the day my mind floats about picking up new information and learning new things. Sometimes there is too much going on in there so I have to put pen to paper.

6. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Most people said what I was going to say. My favorite parts are both the process of creating the hub and when I hit the "publish" button. When it comes to my novels, I'd say the best parts are the actual writing and the day I get that printed proof in my hands and finally get to see a real book.

7. Anna Haven profile image82
    Anna Havenposted 4 years ago

My favourite part of writing is when you are so caught up in your words that everything else disappears.
    Suddenly you can be in a different century or another country,  feeling as the character felt and deciding what they should do next.
    Good question.  smile

8. Cardisa profile image91
    Cardisaposted 4 years ago

Writing is a process and my favorite part of this process is formulating an idea, not just for HP but for any project I am working on. I get so excited when I get an idea and work it out from start to finish. The actual writing and publishing are just the icing on the cake.

It's like this. A story concept pops into my head and I imagine how it will start, the middle and the end. I also imagine the characters; what they look like, their personalities and so forth. Articles are the same. I always work through what I want to say to my readers before writing and that's the best part for me.

working