jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is your Favorite part of a Roast Turkey? Or part of Thanksgiving meals?

1. davenmidtown profile image88
    davenmidtownposted 6 years ago

What is your Favorite part of a Roast Turkey?  Or part of Thanksgiving meals?

As the  holidays begin their decent into our lives, the Captain has put the seat-belt warning sign on.  While we approach our destination, consider which part of the Thanksgiving meal or part of the Turkey that you enjoy the most.

2. Phyllis Doyle profile image96
    Phyllis Doyleposted 6 years ago

I prefer the dark meat, off the thigh. With the gravy and stuffing, the dark meat is my favorite part of the meal...well, then there is the wonderful sweet potato pie with caramelized pecans  I make...mmmm!

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

My favorite would have to be smoked ham. Instead of a Turkey, which can never be cooked correctly in my family, we choose something simpler. A wonderful honey smoked ham for all to share.

4. ithabise profile image86
    ithabiseposted 6 years ago

The only thing that crowds my mind...the only smells that fill my cavernous head when I read this question is that of a giant turkey leg at the fair! My first time having it was at the Tulsa State Fair. That leg was the biggest thing I'd ever seen and the food of gods! Nothing like walking the grounds with a turkey leg in hand; and just as well, nothing more is necessary.

5. whoisbid profile image76
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

The white breast meat is definitely my favorite. I don't celebrate thanksgiving but I like turkey

6. teaches12345 profile image95
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I love the white meat of turkey best. Love it in salads as leftovers the next day. Also need just a small serving of stuffing and home made cranberry sauce on the side.