jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the most trite expression you have seen used in online writing during th

1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image92
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years ago

What is the most trite expression you have seen used in online writing during the last year?

2. janshares profile image94
    jansharesposted 4 years ago

It would have to be "That being said . . ." or "That said . . ." For some reason, that phrase seems to have been used a lot. Even though it irks me, I've used it here and there, but not articles. When did people stop using, "Therefore," or "To that end?" The contagion of speech and writing trends is strange, isn't it? Thanks for the question, Patty.

Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

"That being said" is one that makes me cringe, too. A few more give me a headache and make me stop reading!

3. bethperry profile image92
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

It is a rather new one in the archives of Tritedom, but I've seen "as Oprah would say" more times than I can shake a fat-dripping french fry at it.  And since I couldn't care less what Oprah thinks or says, it got old pretty darn quickly.

Patty Inglish, MSposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Oh no, no, no -- I don't want to see that one many times. Thanks 1,000 times for the warning. My problem with Oprah is the lack of addressing her childhood-abuse mental unhealth. She's done much with $$ instead, but it cured nothing.

working