jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

Would you be more likely to go to a public event if it were free or if you had t

1. lifegate profile image82
    lifegateposted 4 years ago

Would you be more likely to go to a public event if it were free or if you had to pay admission?

I'm planning a public event and want it to be well attended. Does charging for tickets add a sense of quality that may be missing in a free event? Money is not the issue. Getting people to attend is what I'm after.
    Thanks for all your ideas.

2. Zabbella profile image79
    Zabbellaposted 4 years ago

Hi Lifegate!  I would pay to see someone I really like. If the event is free, then, it depends on what  the event is.  Promotion may make a big difference to making it a crowded house.  Good luck with your plans!

lifegateposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Hi  Zabella, Somehow I lost contact with you. Glad to see you and thanks for the input. I will definitely take it into consideration.

3. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

When my husband and I were young and just married without children, we would spend money to go to an event we really wanted to see, but nowadays, if there is a good free event and a topic or something of interest to us, we love the free events lol.  Here, our local Christian radio program will broadcast events for free, if they are free in our area.  I have found out many great events, such as something you would be planning.  So, it would be worth your while to investigate such if that is available in your area on the local Christian radio stations.  Free advertisement that reaches thousands is the best way to go in my opinion.  Blessings and I hope you get many in attendance.

Thanks Faith. We will be prompting heavily. We'll be using the Christian radio station as you suggested as well as newspapers and tv. We'll also be distributing flyers door to door. Oh, by the way. Thanks for the ideas!

2. Faith Reaper profile image89
      Faith Reaperposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Sounds great! Well then you should have a great turnout using all of those avenues to draw more attendance! Blessings

4. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 4 years ago

Admission. It helps keep out the riffraff.

Point well taken. thank you Attikos.

5. bethperry profile image91
    bethperryposted 4 years ago

lifegate, although I know some people automatically equate free with "crap", for me it depends on other things: the nature of the event, who is organizing it and if it genuinely appeals to my interest. This criteria applies to even events that charge admission.

Thanks Beth for your input - taken into consideration.

6. lambservant profile image94
    lambservantposted 4 years ago

I AGREE BILL THAT IT DEPENDS ON WHAT THE EVENT IS AND IF CHARGING WILL DRAW MORE PEOPLE OR HINDER THOSE WHO CAN'T AFFORD IT. IF IT IS AN EVANGELISTIC EVEN I WOULD SAY DEFINITELY NOT. IF IT'S ENTERTAINMENT OR  I WOULD SAY PERHAPS. IF IT'S SOMETHING THAT WILL BRING HELP TO PEOPLE MAYBE, IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT IT IS. SORRY ABOUT CAPS. DARN COMPUTER.

What we'll be presenting is a slide show based on The Death of America which is my new book due to be out sometime this month. My main target audience is the unsaved. THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

working