jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

How has Writing changed your life?

1. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 3 years ago

How has Writing changed your life?

Writing down your thoughts is one way of getting rid of anger or stress but has writing found you in a better place? Have you improved in any ways in your life from writing online, apart from the earnings, like emotionally, mentally or physically?

2. Lowdown0 profile image83
    Lowdown0posted 3 years ago

I think it has given me a place to be heard and therefor has given me something exciting to look forward to each day. As a journal writer for decades not being heard, it's a great feeling to be able to write and even make a little money from it.

It has also meant I don't have to talk my wife's ear off as much.

1. DDE profile image23
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Hi Lowdown you sound satisfied with writing. ''It has also meant I don't have to talk my wife's ear off as much.''Great point made. Thank you.

3. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I don't really make much money from my writing, so it's definitely not the thing the keeps me going. I remember a day a long time ago where I was experiencing some down time at work and decided to write for the first time in a few weeks. I described the feeling afterwards as 'soul enriching'. I'm an introvert working in a public service job, so the day to day grind is nothing short of exhausting and demoralizing. The fact that I can say writing is 'soul enriching' just proves how valuable it is to me in a routine dominated by stress.

1. DDE profile image23

Writing requires patience and is such  a pleasure if you don't make money the priority. Thank you.

4. elayne001 profile image68
    elayne001posted 3 years ago

I have gained so much knowledge researching for and writing about many different topics. It also gives me a chance to share my life experiences, and who knows may be helped from them. It is also a journal for me of the places that I have visited like Egypt and Scotland. I am so glad I wrote about those trips.

5. RTalloni profile image90
    RTalloniposted 3 years ago

Among other benefits, working to refine my writing has helped me to become a better communicator in every way.

1. DDE profile image23

Thank you. Writing certainly  has changed many writers.

working