jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What inspires you to write? I often right at the darkest moments of my life.

1. lisavanvorst profile image78
    lisavanvorstposted 3 years ago

What inspires you to write? I often right at the darkest moments of my life.

Sure some of my writing is educational and others happy and optimistic. However, it is usually when I  experience some sort of turmoil in my life that the words just come to me. How about you?

2. Jodah profile image89
    Jodahposted 3 years ago

I generally take my inspiration from life itself, and all it's ups and downs. It's the happy times and the turmoil that gives my writing the variety that I like.

3. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I never really thought about it. I do not know if this answers your question because I just seem to write when I get an urge or inspiration.
    I get plenty of ideas but I just make a list of them so that I will not forget them. The idea is there but the content/background is not. I do not have that to write immediately. Even that comes piece by piece, not all at once.

4. MercCipher profile image59
    MercCipherposted 3 years ago

I just write when something leaves me thinking, like an interesting news article. Or just when something interesting happens to me like a personal experience or a video game. There are lots of little things that can cause me to write.

5. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 3 years ago

I write on what comes to ind something I know has not yet been written about or of my own experiences. Writing out is not for every one.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I have a progressive guilt system that is usually what spurs me to write. Since I want to turn writing into a career, I can only go so long without doing anything before I start to berate myself. It's not exactly healthy (because I'm very pushy and critical of myself) but it generally gets the job done. The inspiration for new stories often comes from elsewhere, but that's what gets me to sit down and put words on the page.