jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it ever justifiable for a writer to pay for a review

1. highdruid profile image60
    highdruidposted 3 years ago

Is it ever justifiable for a writer to pay for a review

In my view  writer's that pay for reviews are every bit as bad as a sportsmen  who use drugs to enhance their chance of winning, creative writing should  never descend to a  competitive sport, but with the advent of so many writing sites, it has,  and the author who pays  for reviews is enhancing his or her chances of success , no different to a cheating sportsman or woman really

2. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 3 years ago

I agree with you and I do not think it is ethical or justifiable. Nevertheless, many people choose to do as they please and many do not share this opinion. I certainly would never do that and that's just me, but I don't doubt there are many who do and will continue doing this.

3. highdruid profile image60
    highdruidposted 3 years ago

I think no matter what  anyone does now , the  system is skewed in favour of those with  money that it can not be reversed

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image82
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

I think if it was an honest review it probably is fine.  Back in the day, I remember some publishing sites paid people to review incoming manuscripts. On the Amazon Kindle site I have seen writers do a review swap where one person will review another person's book an the other person would repeat the favor.  if they are honest reviews, I am not sure.  As for me, I wouldn't do that because I am too cheap.

working