Does anyone have tips for writing transition scenes to get to the main plot poin

1. JonTLusk profile image59
    JonTLuskposted 3 years ago

Does anyone have tips for writing transition scenes to get to the main plot point?

I have excellent ideas and consider myself a decent writer when it comes to the major scenes of my novel. I am able to write some pretty entertaining transition phases, e.g. going to get a cup of coffee before the two lovers see each other for the first time in years, etc. However, it just seems to me that writing those transition events are the hardest part of my writing. Can anyone provide tips, tricks or helpful knowledge that would make that part of my writing better. Thank you in advance for anyone who helps. I truly enjoy reading all work on here from everyone. Thank you again.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I think your best bet would be to gloss over them. Certain people like writing certain things and forcing yourself to write the stuff you don't enjoy is going to transition over to your reader not enjoying it either. That doesn't mean one should have a bunch of huge gaps in the narrative. But saying "He made himself a cup of coffee" is just as acceptable as a long paragraph describing the kitchen and coffee grounds. The only exception would be if you were talking about something most people are unfamiliar with. But, most transition scenes don't do that.

3. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

Rule Number 1 is a writer writes. Just write your novel and have the editor correct the details. They love doing that.