Does anyone have any tips for writing effective call to action e-mails?

1. amiebutchko profile image87
    amiebutchkoposted 3 years ago

Does anyone have any tips for writing effective call to action e-mails?

I love writing articles, but let's face it, as writers, sometimes we need to be more about... business.  I was wondering if any of you content marketers out there have any pearls of wisdom to help me succeed with this marketing gig I've taken on.  Thanks!

2. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 3 years ago

E-mail is great. It is better than Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and all the rest for conveying messages to specific people. But there is a lot of junk e-mail that goes straight to the trash bin.

I fear a call to action e-mail would do the same. As a former lobbylist (state level) we found persoal notes did a whole lot better than e-mail, which in any cases are read by staff members, numbers tallied and the boss is told there were 1,000 e-mails and about 600 want you to do X and the rest want Y. Then the phone call comes from a major campaign contributor and the value of the 600 goes up quickly, no matter how much good information was in the e-mail.

I think social media has many uses, but because it is so easy to manipulate, I do not put much stock in what I hear was on Facebook or Twittter, etc.

working