jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do your e-books sell well without very much promotion?

1. Availiasvision profile image83
    Availiasvisionposted 3 years ago

Do your e-books sell well without very much promotion?

Do you promote on social media, or do you let them sell themselves?  I am wondering if left alone, you get a few sales a week.

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I attempted to promote my book using friends, social media, and a few art websites (like Deviant Art). But after some okay starting numbers, they quickly dried out. If I had to give an estimate, I would say that it's about one sale per three months or so. To really keep the numbers up, one has to promote it constantly on numerous different websites. If left alone it becomes highly unlikely to sell any copies.

3. Sam Tumblin profile image65
    Sam Tumblinposted 3 years ago

To answer the first question I did not use social media to sell any of my e books. But I was very unsuccessful on all attempts.
    To answer the second question as to regards leaving the eBook to itself and hoping for a few sales I would have to say no.
    From my experience of failed writing, anything you set out to do needs planning. With that being said once you identify your audience you promote on social media accordingly. Maybe if you are an established writer you can get buy, but building anticipation and constant reminders of your e book can sell.

4. LoisRyan13903 profile image81
    LoisRyan13903posted 3 years ago

I think you do have to have a marketing plan if you want to sell e-books.  And social media is a must like Twitter, FaceBook and so on.  Getting an e-book out is a start but you can't just sit back and wait for the sales if you do not do anything to sell it.  It might be different if you have a few books out there already.  If people like what you write, they will want more.

5. IJR112 profile image60
    IJR112posted 3 years ago

You can't expect success if you don't promote.  I like to get affiliates signed up so they can promote it for me.

6. Twilight Lawns profile image83
    Twilight Lawnsposted 3 years ago

I don't trust social media for some reasons, specifically their recent history, so I don't promote my e-books there.
    But don't assume, by that, that I have an alternative course of action; I simply don't care enough.  Or perhaps, to be brutally honest, I'm just too lazy.
    Apparently I have sold several over the  couple of years since I first "published" my first brilliantly created bit of literature, but although this was done initially on Smashwords, and subsequently on Amazon, I have not received any remuneration whatsoever.
    So I suppose one could refer to me as an impecunious dilettante; but happy with my state.