This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What was your favorite book as a child?

1. baybpnk profile image81
    baybpnkposted 3 years ago

What was your favorite book as a child?

As a child my favorite books varied, but I recall The Rainbow Fish, Imogene's Antlers, The Giving Tree, Goodnight Moon, and the Nancy Drew mysteries as  I grew a little older. What are some of yours and what memories have sprung from reading those books?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9189421_f260.jpg

2. chef-de-jour profile image99
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

Yes, I enjoyed the Rainbow Fish (as an adult reading to my son!!) but also loved reading as a kid Robert Louis Stevenson's Kidnapped. Very exciting. Also Robinson Crusoe by Defoe and a book by British author Enid Blyton Five Go To Smuggler's Top.

baybpnkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I have not heard of any of those books! I am glad to have some feedback from someone who is not an American. I am interested in writing children's literature and I think I will be looking at the books you listed! Thank you!

3. M. T. Dremer profile image93
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I believe mine was "Slip the Otter Finds a Home". It was an incredibly short picture book about an otter whose family disappears one day. He then goes on a mini adventure, meeting new friends, before he discovers his family at their new and improved home. I still have it, and I hope to share it with my children some day.

I do believe I read that one as well! I enjoyed books with animal characters very much. Thank you!

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

When I first learned to read, I loved any of the Little Golden Books my parents bought for me. When I got a little older, I most enjoyed reading the classics such as Black Beauty, Treasure Island, etc. My parents had bought a set of these, all bound the same, and I re and reread them until I was able to start reading the adult level books.

I also read the Little Golden Books when I was younger, I think those are what really started my love of reading and writing! Thank you!

5. Novel Treasure profile image89
    Novel Treasureposted 3 years ago

My side of the mountain, Legend of the blue dolphins, boxcar children, and The Chronicles of Narnia.

I recall an Island of the Blue Dolphins, which I learned about in my Children's Lit class a few years ago. I am excited to be hearing a lot of books I have never heard before! Obviously I've heard of Narnia! Great books!

working