jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What was your favorite book when you were little?

1. Crochetliens profile image74
    Crochetliensposted 6 years ago

What was your favorite book when you were little?

Mine was Are You My Mother?  My 2 year old loves being read to at night so I was looking for some ideas.

2. LauraGT profile image92
    LauraGTposted 6 years ago

James and the Giant Peach.
    Tikki Tikki Tembo.
    Boris and Amos.

3. wolfshadow profile image64
    wolfshadowposted 6 years ago

When I was really young, it was one of those Little Golden Books. But the first book I remember reading more than once, was Charlotte's Web.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

It was a Golden Book, called The Sailor Dog.  The dog's name was Scuppers and I used to look through that little book all the times, studying each page.  I recently bought a copy from Ebay and even at my age, I get a funny nostalgic feeling when thumbing through it.

5. old albion profile image72
    old albionposted 6 years ago

Aged about 10, I had a book called 'Wings Over Tewkesbury'. Tewkesbury is a town in southern England. It was about 2 twin boys about my age then. There father was an officer in the US airforce based near the town. The story was of course the scrapes that the young boys got up to.
    Thanks for the memory.
    Best Wishes.

6. cdemp11 profile image83
    cdemp11posted 6 years ago

I have a few favorites from my childhood - The Little Engine That Could (became a mantra for me) and I'll Love You Forever. I am a first grade teacher and I can tell you that 6 and 7 yr olds LOVE SkippyJon Jones. Ok, ok I love reading it too smile You might need to wait a few years for that one, though. Great job reading with your young one. It does amazing things for their brains and sets them up for life!

7. tlbliss profile image61
    tlblissposted 5 years ago

My favorite were the Gertrude Warner books "The Boxcar Children".  I read those books over and over.  Such an adventure! 

Here is the Wiki link for them... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boxcar_Children

Here is the website ... http://www.boxcarchildren.com/