jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

What helped you discover your passion for writing?

1. Doris Dancy profile image80
    Doris Dancyposted 3 years ago

What helped you discover your passion for writing?

There was something that gave you a passion for creating character…developing story and just tying your hands to the pen?  What was that thing that put you on a road to eternal creation from creative thought?

2. KL Klein profile image82
    KL Kleinposted 3 years ago

I loved to write  from the minute I loved to read -- I can't even remember how I first started.

But I forgot about it for a while in my teens, and my interest was re-ignited by an amazing English professor at the college I was going to.

Doris Dancyposted 3 years agoin reply to this

KL, isn't that how it always happens?  Some great teacher comes along and shows us our passion.  I'm so glad you rediscovered it.

3. profile image0
    AKChenoweth2014posted 3 years ago

When I came to know the Lord, it was like a flow began and I couldn't stop - and I haven't stopped since that 21 years ago!!

What a beautiful testimony.  Thanks for stopping by.

2. Faith Reaper profile image89
      Faith Reaperposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That is exactly what happened to me, for I had a powerful urge to share what He has done in my life and just started writing about it.  God bless you.

4. Chaunice Benton profile image82
    Chaunice Bentonposted 3 years ago

When I realized that nothing gave me quite the feeling of freedom and release as writing did.

Chaunice, you are so right.  There is a certain awesome feeling that comes with freeing your thoughts, ideas, and feelings that are no longer locked inside of you.  They take flight and land on so many other thoughts, ideas, and feelings.

working