jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What's a really good book series to read?

1. Sarah Masson profile image69
    Sarah Massonposted 3 years ago

What's a really good book series to read?

I've enjoyed The Hunger Games and about to start The Maze Runner but looking for some more. Thanks smile

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image82
    Kathleen Cochranposted 3 years ago

The Outlander series is great historical fiction.  I'm almost finished with the fourth of eight (I think.)  Have to say, I'm not enjoying 3 and 4 the way I enjoyed 1 and 2, but I'm interested enough to keep going.  The STARZ mini-series is doing a good job, I think, but read the books first.

Sarah Massonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Kathleen, I'm going to look it up smile

3. Link10103 profile image76
    Link10103posted 3 years ago

Depends on what you like really. If the Hunger Games interested you at all, you should definitely like the Maze Runner (which also has a movie coming out).

As far as dystopian stuff goes, another one is The Giver (which oddly enough ALSO has a movie coming out...). I dont particularly remember much if any kind of action going on at all between all 3 books, which technically aren't even sequels to each other, but its certainly worth the read if you have any kind of patience.

If medieval semi cloak and dagger adventure stuffs interests you, there is a series called The Ranger's Apprentice.

If fantasy, magic, and mystical lore interests you at all, read the Dresden Files. Has vampires, werewolves, fairies, ghosts, demons, and arch angels plus everything else under the sun really. Also by the same author is a series called Codex Alera, which deals with elemental manipulation (Ever watch The Last Airbender anime series?).

Under that same topic, there is The Inheritance Cycle, The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Magician: Apprentice (Raymond Feist), and The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel.

James Patterson excels in murder mystery and such with Alex Cross and the Women's Murder Club. He has quite a bit of fantasy stuff to like Maximum Ride and Daniel X

Some historical fiction stuff by Bernard Cornwell is amazing in my opinion, The Winter King and Heretic being 2 of my favorite series by him.

I could really go on until the character limit runs out and then some, I honestly have a list of all the books I can recall reading which probably encompasses 200 individual books, including at least 20+ different series minimum.

Sarah Massonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow thanks! I'll have to look some up, thanks for giving me a whole heap to look into smile

working