jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (10 posts)

What are some good book series to read?

1. Jen Beckers profile image80
    Jen Beckersposted 3 years ago

What are some good book series to read?

It's hard to find a good series to start reading. Anyone have any suggestions?

2. PDXBuys profile image74
    PDXBuysposted 3 years ago

Try Rabbit Run, Rabbit Redux, Rabbit is Rich, and Rabbit at Rest by John Updike.
    “The fullness ends when we give Nature her ransom, when we make children for her. Then she is through with us, and we become, first inside, and then outside, junk. Flower stalks.”
    ― John Updike, Rabbit, Run

Jen Beckersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for the suggestion! I'll have to go check that out.

3. profile image0
    Mel92114posted 3 years ago

Game of Thrones is really great, I'm on book three and I'm hooked. I also enjoyed the Hunger Games series.

I was obsessed with hunger games but I didn't even know game of thrones was a book I thought it was just a tv show. Thank you smile

4. MicahI profile image84
    MicahIposted 3 years ago

I really like A Series of Unfortunate Events, even as an adult.  It seems like a children's series, but it has a really dark plot line and lots of hidden secrets and clues that a lot of children would never pick up on.

I also like Ted Dekker's The Lost Books series.  It's a fantasy series that is excellently written.  Somehow it flew under the radar and never got picked up in mainstream society.

I heard about the unfortunate events series everyone says it amazing maybe I'll try those!

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

I'm into crime novels. One of my favorite series are the Lincoln Rhyme novels by Jeffery Deaver.

I just looked them up it looks really good. Thank you smile

6. lafleurdeplume profile image61
    lafleurdeplumeposted 3 years ago

I read lots of YA, but I absolutely LOVED the Gunslinger Series by Stephen King.  The first book is a little slow (he originally published it as a series of short fiction I think) but King is such a master storyteller that you can't help but get completely drawn into the world he creates. 

If you like YA, try the Shiver saga (since she added Sinner to the three original books this summer) by Maggie Stiefvater and the Mara Dyer Trilogy by Michelle Hodkin... both series are a bit dark and moody, but beautifully written.

working