What does everyone think of the political correctness / agenda that's in most ne

1. Movie Arbiter profile image76
    Movie Arbiterposted 3 years ago

What does everyone think of the political correctness / agenda that's in most new comic adaptations?

Sparked by another post of mine, I decided to throw this question out here. Political views aside, what are your thoughts on the recent trend to infuse political agendas into the rebooted adaptations of our favorite superheroes. Do people read comics for the purposes of entertainment or social to be socially informed via the writer's political views? I'm really interested to know what everyone thinks!

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11487622_f260.jpg

2. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

Good stories are timeless, which means they would pertain to the social climate in any era they exist in. It's not necessarily an agenda, it's just one representation of what it means to be human.

3. TalkingBull profile image60
    TalkingBullposted 3 years ago

I think that comics have always adhered to the issues of the day.  From the second World War to the drug problems heightened in the 70s and 80s, comics have always adapted to suit the zeitgeist.  As for making Thor a woman, I don't see it as political correctness so much as I see it being a new take on an old character. We had Beta Ray Bill... now we have Thor as a woman.  I look forward to reading it smile

working