As a writer is there a proper outline format when preparing to write your manusc

1. Sundaymoments profile image77
    Sundaymomentsposted 3 years ago

As a writer is there a proper outline format when preparing to write your manuscript?

I have heard many different versions to this answer however I am wondering is there a proper outline format to follow that is universally used for better success as a writer is writing his/her book? If you know of any examples please provide them or maybe even write a hub explaining it.

2. supremeupbeat k profile image67
    supremeupbeat kposted 3 years ago

no, I think readers like to read different  format at different times.If you want success you have to invent new style or format.That is why James joice was a hit one.

3. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

My guess would be that most writers use the standard form of an outline we've all learned throughout our years in school. I've never been able to use that with any great success. For non-fiction, I use one sheet of paper for each chapter and jot down a few ideas. I build on those as I write. With my novels, I do basically the same thing. I start by stating what should happen in that chapter and then add notes as I write. I don't think anyone else would be able to figure out my plots by looking at my "outline", but it works for me.

working