Can I write original short stories for HubPages?

1. John Lavernoich profile image73
    John Lavernoichposted 3 years ago

Can I write original short stories for HubPages?

2. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11808286_f260.jpg

Yes indeed; there are some excellent literary "experts" that provide great council, not unlike the Inklings of Oxford. However I am afraid there also may (perhaps) be some who seek gain at someone else's expense. Therefore, one must be vigil and protect one's works or be victimized.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image89
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 years ago

I've posted some short stories and personal essays here just to get them in print somewhere, but the "how-to," informative, "5 Easy blah-de-blah", "The 7 Worst Blah-de-blah" articles, it appears to me, get the most traffic.  Having said that, I do know that there are wonderful fiction and non-fiction writers here.  When I first signed up years ago, I asked about content and the staff wrote that it was the informative article that they were looking for.  So the lowest traffic I get, (and I use the word "traffic" loosely) is from my fiction.  Maybe I just haven't figured it out.  I have posted love letters from Vietnam under katywhowaited here and through the years I've gotten in the thousands of "reads" or "hits" or "whatevers," but nothing that brings any more than a few cents.  I use this website to get my things out there and refine them.  I plan to take the pieces that have "threads running through them" and put them into several different ebooks which, by the way, the hubpage editors, through email, said was permissible to do. I used to submit my short stories to contests which was a much better idea because there are prizes involved!  There used to be a website with a whole slew of contests for writers that I have in one of those old print out sheets with holes on.  Now, even with google, I can't seem to find many.  Every once and a while I enter something at writersdigest.com.  We should have a short story club here (maybe there is and I don't know it since I'm a bit of a recluse even online) That's all I've got, John. Again, I may be all wrong about this and some other hubpage writers will clarify. Cheers, Billie

working