jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Can anyone tell me if there re better sites than hubpages with better traffic an

1. clivewilliams profile image85
    clivewilliamsposted 3 years ago

Can anyone tell me if there re better sites than hubpages with better traffic and more pay?

Hubpages seems to becoming quite unstable

2. C.V.Rajan profile image78
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

All web content sites are just beggars and there are no choosers! Most of them have already died or in death bed. Be happy that Hubpages is still breathing. I don't know when the doctor would call for oxygen!

But having been in web content writing in several sites for the past 6-7 years, I have seen one thing. HP people have quite some grit and they have always been fighting valiantly to survive. I hope they continue to do it.

1. Old-Empresario profile image82
      Old-Empresarioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well said. The problem is the same on any content site (other than Youtube): too many writers and not enough readers. The writer-to-reader ratio in the US must be something like 10,000:1. Desirable topics seem to do well though.

3. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

You might try Craigslist under "writing gigs". I wouldn't give up on Hubpages though since it lets you keep your content. And your essays are easily-accessible to the public since they often appear near the top of the list on Google's search results when you type in the relevant key words.

4. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

I heard that Squidoo offered better pay for writing and we all know how that turned out. There is an earning threshold for online writers that, unfortunately, can't be crossed without destroying a business. I'd like to think that HubPages floats just below that threshold where they still turn a profit without people exploiting it into the ground. But time will tell. It's sad that writer's don't earn proportionally with the work load, but most of us knew that going in. We do it for the love of the craft and the sliver of hope that one day we'll be the next J. K. Rowling.

working