Is there anyone who is making more than $200 here?

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 55 discussions (270 posts)
  1. wowtgp profile image60
    wowtgpposted 10 years ago

I know, I know, these kind of generic questions are asked too often. Believe me, I tried to look for an answer before posting it in here, but couldn't find one.

So here it goes - Is there any one who is making more than $200 here? How much time did it take you to get there?

Thank you in advance for you answers.

` Rahul Parashar

1. rainsanmartin profile image85
      rainsanmartinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

wowtgpposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks. Off to check 'em out.

2. lovebuglena profile image84
        lovebuglenaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

The person who wrote the first hub doesn't actually earn $1000/month. She is just pondering how it can be done...

1. Jean Bakula profile image91
          Jean Bakulaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm shocked at how badly I'm doing this month. Summer is always slow. You need at least 8,000 views a month to make about $75.00, and many of the best writers are gone. I don't believe most of what I hear.

1. PoeticPhilosophy profile image78
            PoeticPhilosophyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

$75 with 8000 views? How so, I thought we were paid approx. $3 per thousand view..

Yeah, me too.

2. Gail Meyers profile image65
            Gail Meyersposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think 8,000 views in a month results in something closer to $20 or $25.

Hi Gail,
              The dollar amount I gave on the thread for the amount of views is as close as I can come to advise you and not break the rules. I've been getting approximately a bit less than $100 a month for about 7,000 to 8,000 views for about a year now. Until this month. I always think HP is less than honest because they don't tell you how much work you need to put in to actually make a certain amount, like the $200 we are all discussing. It's possible to write 3 or 4 hubs a week, but I took a year off to build up content on my blog, once I passed the 100 hub mark.

Then I saw falling scores on HP, and came back every now and then to write a few hubs. Now my blog is established, and I've been writing here again. I've been writing 2 hubs a week with ease. Sometimes you just can't think of a thing, and all of a sudden, 5 ideas pop into your head! When that happens, make sure you write them down. Plus,  remember each site has people interested in different things, and people in varied age ranges. Here at HP we have college aged people, and people in their fifties and sixties, just trying to make a little extra money. It's still the site I enjoy writing on most. And if you aren't enjoying it, it's not worth the trouble, the money is not enough, even if you worked at it as a 40 hour week, I don't know if that would pay off. Has anyone tried that?

2. profile image0
      Jennifer Sucheyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

There are a lot of replies to this post, but I can't help but notice that none of them report making any particular amount of money, let alone $200 (which I assume you mean per month). I'm curious myself and am frustrated that while I've only been here a few months, things aren't picking up at least a "little" more. I'm trying to remember what I see people saying about summer being slower.

Also, I'm spreading my writing around and trying to get my own website going with traffic increase as well. Sometimes I wonder if I should just focus on HubPages until I've built up a ton of content, then focus on my website and other sites to point traffic to it. But I think steadily and surely as I spread my content around, the traffic and profit will increase.

I knew it was going to be a snail's pace, so I guess I'm not really surprised. I guess my snail is just going a little slower than I had hoped. wink

1. Greekgeek profile image78
        Greekgeekposted 10 years agoin reply to this

We can talk in general terms, enough to give you an idea what's possible, but we can't give precise figures.

From the Hubpages TOS:
        "You acknowledge and agree that You will not publicly disclose Your payments or Earned Balance (including any subcomponents thereof) from the HubPages Earnings Program without prior written consent of HubPages."

and yes, the snail's pace is frustrating.

1. profile image0

The thing is, so far no one has even spoken in general terms. Well, maybe really, really, really REALLY general. wink

Well, a couple of us have reported making somewhere in the neighborhood of $1/hub/month. (Slightly less than that for me, slightly more for Barbara, I think).

I think you can extrapolate up from that?

2. Abby Campbell profile image74
          Abby Campbellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Uh oh! I don't recall the HubPages TOS. I have given out information on the Answers section a few times... not exacts but close enough. I wouldn't even know where to begin to retrieve them now. hmm

3. writerjj profile image85
          writerjjposted 10 years agoin reply to this

good thing I stumbled on this post / replies.
          Am about to write a hub discussing that HP does pay and is not a scam. Can I post a screenshot of HP's email payment as proof of payment or will I violate the TOS quote above?

We all know that. No need to do that smile

2. wowtgp profile image60

We all know that. No need to do that smile

2. Barbara Kay profile image72
        Barbara Kayposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Whoops! I had written my exact earnings and now I see it against TOS.

1. freefall3012 profile image68
          freefall3012posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well I'm new here, and I have read the instructions and still not understanding exactly how this works. I just published my first hub and I have signed up for the earnings program, but when I go to my person info it says earnings program still not active so idk what is going on. I've already associated my paypal account and signed up for ebay program submitted my tax info but both still say not active. What is going on?

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

You do have to turn it on as well as signing up for it.  You have the option of using it or not, whether signed up and ready to go or not.  That way you can compare it with adsense only.

2. Autumn Renee profile image60
            Autumn Reneeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It also depends on how much content you have.  I only have a few hubs so I haven't made any money because my AdSense won't accept me yet.

@Barbara Why is it against the TOS? I mean, giving newbies like me sme hope and a chance to daydream can't go bad, right?

1. C.V.Rajan profile image58
            C.V.Rajanposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It is because a huge majority of hubbers earn only a pittance and Hubpages will not like them t "brag" about it!!

I know. I don't understand that either. They use to share how much the highest earners made on the front page of the site. Don't worry. If you write about the right things, you can earn $200 a month and much more.

3. Gail Meyers profile image65
          Gail Meyersposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ack!  I had no idea posting earnings was against TOS.  I can remember reading hubs with tables in them with views and/or earnings.

3. wowtgp profile image60

You have only created 16 hubs so far. I premise, it will pick up once you craft  more than 50 hubs. Who knows.

4. Marisa Wright profile image87
        Marisa Wrightposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think you're doing the right thing - spreading yourself around at first.  That way, you'll start to get an idea what works and what doesn't.  Time enough to focus in on one site or one topic when you know what's worth pursuing.

5. freefall3012 profile image68

how do you spread your content around?

3. Marisa Wright profile image87

Yes.

4. Phyllis Doyle profile image92
      Phyllis Doyleposted 10 years agoin reply to this

More than 200 dollars -- in what time frame? One year, two years? Hahaha  I believe I may have made 200 in about two years. I must ramp up my hubs and start publishing more often.

1. lady rain profile image93
        lady rainposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think I have earned 200 dollars, too or else I won't be sticking around big_smile

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

lady rain, I feel it is right that we stick around here. I have a feeling that things will start picking up again. Besides, I love writing, developing my niche and getting my name and works out there.  smile

Slow going, I reckon?

1. Phyllis Doyle profile image92

Well, yes, it is slow going. However, if I start publishing more often it should pick up.

3. dailytop10 profile image86
        dailytop10posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I think he is referrring to $200 per month.

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87
      mistyhorizon2003posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Normally yes, but this month it will be tight due to the latest Panda update. Took me 5 years to get to this, but what I should mention is that two years ago I was on closer to 3-4 times this much, but Panda etc etc decimated both my views and income to the point I am going to struggle to hit the $200 you mention this month sad

1. Barbara Kay profile image72

This is getting depressing to say the least.

OMG! Almost 300 hubs and not even 200 a month you say?

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

Yes that is correct, but before the last two years about 320 hubs I had then earned over three times that. I don't think that kind of level of earnings is going to return any time soon sadly sad

Mistyhorizon2003 explains the beauty of the deal! Once you write the stuff, you don't have to write it again. You already did the work, and when you get to a point where you feel you have enough hubs, you can stop writing. It seems they need about a year to age (though some are popular right away, you can never tell). I am finally reaping the benefits of pieces I wrote 2 years ago. So it seems like you are getting money for nothing. But you do have to write like mad for a bit. It's challenging though, and I think that's another aspect people like, even if they don't like to write so much. Intellectual challenge is good for you!

I never read that TOS either, I hope I didn't break any rules!

Just curious, I wrote a piece on Tuesday that had an 82 score about 12 hours later. I've been writing a series and they are also approved really fast and moving up fast, although the money is awful, I won't even make the payout this month. Is anyone else experiencing hubs that jump so high so fast? I've had popular ones, but the climb up in rank normally takes at least a week or so.

Jean, I am taking it that your traffic hasn't gone down or you would understand our pessimism. Since the end of February, my views have gone down from 2000 to about 500. That is depressing.

6. Askme profile image81
      Askmeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Ha..I wish it was $200 a month.   Things change for me and page views, comments when they took away the option of adding "Tag words".  I would check adsense words and put in the tag words applicable to my hub that had the most  hits or were popular.  Back in 2009 and 2010 the tag words brought a lot of traffic to my hubs not so anymore.

7. profile image55
      mcxniftycallsposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I was making nearly $200 from last three months. Never touched $200 but received 183 194 and 197 with 52 article and it took 6 months..
      Now I added 18 more hubs in July and hope will cross above $200 soon..!!

8. kittythedreamer profile image76
      kittythedreamerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have been here for over a couple of years, have published over 400 hubs, and I make over $200 every month steady. Some months are higher than others...but it takes awhile and it will fluctuate. I get anywhere from 2000-3000 views every day.

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated smile

hey do you post your bubblews by hitting the submit button by the +bubblews button?

Yep. Are you there? Hit me up there anytime. Search for wowtgp. You will find me smile

9. freefall3012 profile image68

ok done posting my first piece. It took me longer than I had expected lol

I already have 1.23 in the bank and its only been posted for literally 5 minutes

Great smile

10. Rock_nj profile image90
      Rock_njposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Someone just asked the very same question last week.  Look it up for a lot of answers.  Basically, it's hard to make real money on HubPages, like $200 per month.  Some are doing it, and even better, but they tend to be the sort of people who write full time and have many hundreds or even thousands of Hubs.  It can be done, but it's not easy.  There are better sights for making that kind of money.

I was doing it and more when I had just 150 hubs. With the new Panda, I didn't earn that much this month with 180 hubs. Just keep at it and you'll hit that amount.

11. bgpappa profile image80
      bgpappaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not anymore. Thanks Google and Hubpages. Seriously, never made that much a month, but was coming damn close. Then all hell broke out.

200 compelling hubs and  not even $200 a month? Great, that's what I needed to hear sad

1. bgpappa profile image80
          bgpappaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

To be fair, I don't write for the money. But there was a time I was getting a payout a month. Then it just sank and has not recovered. None are unfeatured for quality, just "engagement."  What I find weird, some of those unfeatured have people reading them. Others that are "featured" haven't been read in months. No rhyme or reason to it.

2. VictoriaSheffield profile image83
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 10 years ago

I wish! smile

3. VictoriaSheffield profile image83
    VictoriaSheffieldposted 10 years ago

I wish! smile

4. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 10 years ago

I would note that both of those pages are written by people who are not making anything close to $1000 a month, but who are simply outlining how they hope to make $1000 a month.

I'd be interested to hear about their results.

Greekgeek, The one page was written by me. I was able to make over the $1 per article as outlined in the page. The problem is that I didn't stick to writing a hub a day. Before this last Google change, I was right on track for the number of articles I wrote and did much better for that number. Now that Google slapped all of the older hubs, I'm not doing well at all.

@Greekgeek You are a "Search Engine eater". You must be earning more than 1000 bucks per month here smile

The reason why I'm interested in hearing their results is that I thought it would take an awful lot of hubs to build up to $1000 / month. It seems possible, but how long would it take to write that many effective hubs? My impression was that only a handful of hubbers are hitting that threshold.

Barbara, thanks for the info. Like you, I find that I average out to around $1/hub/month, with some hubs faring better and others worse.  A couple years ago, I set myself a goal of 4-5 new articles a week, but I just couldn't keep at it. It requires more time than that for me to write something that's interesting or useful to somebody. So I'm not surprised you couldn't keep up that torrid pace!

I stick to about 2 articles a week now. It's a slow way to build up to a portfolio, but that way, I write more hits than misses.

My own strategy is to build up each of my different sources of income to make payout threshold each month. I've got Hubpages well in hand, so now I'm working on my own blogs and websites, trying to grow Adsense into a monthly rather than now-and-then payout. It's slow going, since I don't like too much advertising or commercial content on my pages.

One step at a time, eh?

1. NateB11 profile image89
          NateB11posted 10 years agoin reply to this

What you said here is good information for someone like me to get a general idea of what is possible and how to go about it. Made it clearer for me.

2. TechFuture profile image60
          TechFutureposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have 3 hubs. Two of them generate little to no traffic. The other makes $1.20 per DAY. Yes, per DAY! Is this normal?

I've always heard that 20% of your hubs will produce 80% of your traffic.  It seems to be about right.

Hi wilderness,
              I think that seems about right too. It's a small percentage of my hubs that have always been the most popular. Sometimes I'm not even sure why. You know how sometimes you can write something and it comes out so well you are really proud of it? I've had hubs like that, and they get little traffic. Then I write another that is still decent, I put the effort in, but I don't like it as much. But everyone else does! It's hard to decide sometimes what's better.

Same here - the hubs I like often don't perform and the ones I found to be just so-so do very well.  You just never know.

The 20/80 rule is true unless you find a niche that does really well. There are a few writers that have found popular niches that pay well. Not me.

1. Abby Campbell profile image74
                Abby Campbellposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have a niche, but it seems that the 20/80 rule applies for me as well. hmm

You are doing amazingly well.

3. profile image0
            RMCreechposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hmm...I was interested to see TechFuture's 3 hubs to see which one is outperforming the others, but it appears that he has been banned from Hub Pages.  Wonder what happened?

1. Winterfate profile image94
              Winterfateposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If I had to wager the guess, it's the fact that he's a year too young for the site (you have to be 18 to write on here, and I believe he admitted to being 17). If he's reading this, I wholeheartedly recommend that he makes his own blog and has it mature while he waits for his birthday.

3. Barbara Kay profile image72

I do have 3 websites. At one time they earned good money too. Then I got so into Hubpages that I ignored them. No they are down to 1/3 of what they once earned. Maybe I better start giving them some TLC for awhile.

what 3 websites? where else can you make money online? I'm a stay at home mom so i'm always looking for working at home online opps.

I am earning more than $750 a month on Bubblews. You should check it put. Not promoting or anything, but just an unasked advice.

thank you very much, I have never hear of that site but I will check it out

If am there by the name of wowtgp.

does anyone know where you can just post your own written stories, or an advice column?

2. lovebuglena profile image84
                lovebuglenaposted 10 years agoin reply to this

How does this site work? Bubblews I mean?

Please read this whole thread smile
                  And intimate us if you decide to board the train.

1. Marsha Musselman1 profile image83
                    Marsha Musselman1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I saw only one comment earlier by you and one other hubber about Bubblews. A friend sent me their link recently and I signed up but haven't written anything on there. Do you have to be active in their community to see results?

I'm already spread pretty thin.

2. profile image55

I also had seven websites with AdSense, but the truth is, not only hub pages but online AdSense earnings not as same as it was a couple of years back.. visitors are not willing to click on AdSense ads now and being on top of Google is not as simple as it was a couple of years back..
            I find hub pages on top .... my personal experience only..

4. profile image55

I am personally earnings about $4 per article, so if your hubs are evergreen and are written with serious keyword research I think you can archive $1000 with 300-320 hubs..
          Its just a calculation based on my own experience. Otherwise there are lots of things that matter..

3. rainsanmartin profile image85
      rainsanmartinposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes Greekgeek, I would like to know if their "theory" on how to make $1000 per month has worked.

5. Uzair Aslam profile image61
    Uzair Aslamposted 10 years ago

making $1000 a month is not the question, but it would really be hard to do it and would require lots of traffic. It would take about 1000 uniques a day to make more than $200 in a month

6. blueheron profile image92
    blueheronposted 10 years ago

If you look at successful blogs--at least the main ones I follow daily--these guys are churning out a LOT of content. Sometimes one commentary/article per day,  sometimes three or four.

7. lovebuglena profile image84
    lovebuglenaposted 10 years ago

Your question needs clarification... are asking about $200 a month, a week or a day?

If there are actually people that are making $1000/month there are very few of them... It doesn't seem possible to earn that much...

Of course, $200 a month. Can't imagine someone earning that much in a day, can you?

1. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Misha was earning $100 per day at one stage smile

Is it even possible? That's some serious money!

Yes, Misha was on serious money even though I seem to recall he only had 11 hubs or so at the time. Clearly he picked the right topics/products and did very well out of them.

Had? So, where is he now?

I think he opted out with most of his Hubs when Panda first hit, but he still makes his living online. His profile is probably still here with his remaining hubs on it (I haven't checked).

8. ologsinquito profile image81
    ologsinquitoposted 10 years ago

Hi Jennifer,

Some people here and on some of the other sites are making money. There is a writer named Skeffling, her real name is Claire, who reports very good success here and elsewhere. I think, if I remember correctly, she generated hundreds of dollars in Amazon income on HP very quickly. She is very generous with her advice.

Until recently, Squidoo was a big money maker for a lot of people. A couple people on Wizzley recently posted they are doing very well. These people work very hard and they have hundreds of articles. One person on Wizzley, and I respect her opinion very much, said not to expect much, in terms of traffic or income, unless you have at least 200 pages.

Whether you should just focus here or spread your work around is a good question. I write for several sites because of the need to diversify and the need for some articles to age before you see a lot of visitors.

It's good to spread your work around, especially if you use the same name, because then you get recognized by your name, and those who like what you write about will be more willing to read your stuff. I don't know if it makes a monetary difference though. Bloggers better than me say they "make money" but never say how much. I have my own blog, and haven't made a penny from Google, though I've had a few small payouts from Amazon. And it's been a year and a half during which I wrote so much the letters are rubbed off on my keyboard! On your own blog you don't get the small percentage from Amazon you get here.

Until this month it seemed HP was where I was still doing the best, so I began writing here again, but I won't make the payout this month. I have 130 hubs, and usually do get paid each month, but traffic is so bad at times I only have 3 red arrows after all the writing. The administration says it's another Panda algorithm change, but they don't seem to know how to help us learn how to keep our accounts stable when this happens. This is the worst personal time I have had. Honestly, unless you write for the love of writing, it's not worth it. Once duplicate content was outlawed (for good reason) people couldn't write one article and post it on 10 sites anymore. IMHO, that's the only way anyone could make in the thousands of dollars.

hat must be...........so depressing. Candidly speaking, I don't care about money all that much. I am here to write my heart out and making some money in the process (if possible at all).

I am working on my blog and so far have been successful in making somewhere around $75-$150 a month. I know that if you are here fro some quick buck, this site isn't the best fit for you.

2. Marsha Musselman1 profile image83

If you have your own personal Amazon affiliate account I'd think you could still link related material to their site from your blogs and make money that way.

I know someone that used to have a lot of articles on hubpages and has since moved everything to her own website. I know that before she did that she was making at least 1K per month from all the places where she was posting her material, but again that was before all the Google Panda changes took affect and such.

I don't know how well she is doing on her own web site. I don't have the funds to do my own site and therefore I wouldn't make any money from my blogs that way. I do have several blogs around, and like you I'm building up my name to be recognized.

In the mean time we are building 'passive income' so that in the future we will reap the results. We may want to consider other options like writing books and ebooks as well.

2. profile image0

Thanks for your input. I've had the magic number of 100 in my mind that I can't wait to reach. I spose once I reach that, I'll keep pushing for at least 200.

I do love my website and building a niche there, so I'm good with spreading my work around and pointing people to my site even if the overall payout is slower for a while.

And yeah, I do love to write . . . as someone suggested you need for HP, etc., so I'm not going anywhere. I'll be in it for the long haul come what may. I'm such a stickler for quality and am currently not able to throw out a quality article in a short period of time . . . and with spreading my work around, it's going to take a while to reach 200 just on HP, but get there I will . . . and beYOND! big_smile

I suppose while this thread is a little disheartening, it's also encouraging. Thanks again.

where do you spread your work around?

I followed Skeffling's blog. She had an article about her $7000 month at Squidoo. She also shared that she buys some of the articles though. That is how she is producing so much.

9. neilcook profile image68
    neilcookposted 10 years ago

I believe it is possible.

Anything is possible.

I think the better questions is- "Is the work and time it would take to make $X.XX a month worth it?"

Try to put it in a payment per hour format... Is it better than you could be making at your local Taco Bell?

I have frequently asked myself: "Is it worth it?"

It was a lot easier to answer that with an affirmative "yes" a year ago, when my efforts were putting me over the $1000/month mark pretty reliably. Then Squidoo traffic tanked, and after six months of my online income covering most of my day-to-day expenses, suddenly, boom, the boulder tumbled halfway down the mountain, and I'm back to pushing it up.

The difference between this kind of work and a low-paying job is passive income.

With Taco Bell, you get paid for the hours you worked, and that's it. You won't ever get paid for those hours again.

With online writing that's monetized via ads or affiliate links, the initial payout for your hours of effort is nada. You only earn if, over time, the page you've created attracts visitors, clicks, and/or sales. Those earnings may continue to accrue for years, depending on how well or poorly that page performs. So over the longterm, online income can in fact add up to be more than worth the initial time you sunk into crafting the page.

There's still the question of whether it's "worth it." However, if you have a set of webpages that are earning you $500 a month even when you're busy doing something else, the initial outlay may be worth it. (Especially if you were writing on things that interested you, so that it was fun, not just a chore.)

You nailed it.

2. NateB11 profile image89

Another good explanation, and fully illustrates why it would be worth it to write any web page that's monetized; the passive income. I totally see what you're saying throughout your comment.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 10 years ago

I was told same thing from a successful HP writer several years ago, 200 ;articles before you see any real money.  It may be even more now that Google has hit many of sites like HP, and others hard.

11. ologsinquito profile image81

Quality is the way to go. Shortcuts will backfire.

12. Cerebral Aspect profile image73
    Cerebral Aspectposted 10 years ago

It isn't only views, the majority of the money comes from ad clicking.

People don't click the ads anymore. I'm not positive, but since HP changed it's payment structure a year or so ago, the ads don't have to be clicked. It's assumed they have been seen since a person has been recorded on the page..

13. brakel2 profile image74
    brakel2posted 10 years ago

Some Adsense ads have to be clicked but not the HP ads.

14. profile image0
    delleaposted 10 years ago

wilderness is right, I see about the same 80/20 ratio of traffic in my own hubs. I'm new here and haven't gotten my first payment yet, but from my own estimates and traffic I'd say it'll likely take me another 23 months to reach a goal of $200 payout (that is of course if I didn't write any more hubs than I have now, but I will keep writing when I have time and inspiration). All in all wowtgp, I am seeing that it's not just quality but quantity of hubs and you have to have a decent balance of both worlds if you want to profit here... and don't forget patience, as I have only been here 4 months myself....

15. profile image0
    delleaposted 10 years ago

I totally agree with Greekgeek, however the "is it worth it" part is different for each person. Obviously some people are here simply to become overnight millionaires, and they learn too little too late that unless a few of their hubs become a traffic phenomenon that their dream of instant wealth will never come true here. Such folks fall by the wayside after short periods of time. But I'm seeing that quite a few of the "old timers" (not ageism, but length of membership here) are being adversely affected by Google's constant changes, and I already noted that folks should not put all of their eggs into Google's basket. The "is it worth it" point I'm getting to is this: If the sole purpose of someone's membership here is to make money and that's it, then your financial experience here will be much like gambling at a casino or riding the stock market. For me, part of my "is it worth it" is the fact that I enjoy writing when I have time to do so, and HubPages gives me a chance to do that, as well as to meet, greet and mingle with fellow writers which is fun, interesting (and sometimes frustrating as in any other social network) but the joy of writing and the social writing network here are all part of the experience and part of what makes it worth it, at least for me.

16. Winterfate profile image94
    Winterfateposted 10 years ago

EDIT: Apparently, it's against TOS to reveal our earnings? News to me. In any case, the answer to the OP question is no, I am not currently earning > $200 per month.

17. adecourv profile image91
    adecourvposted 10 years ago

All things being equal, I'd be exhilarated IF I made $200...

18. pinappu profile image82
    pinappuposted 10 years ago

Interesting forum thread! Ladies and gentleman, let me allow to add some vowels with it, with your permission.

Yes, it is almost impossible to be a millionaire by writing on HubPages (interesting concept though, what about writing a hub about it, eh?). But, to tell you the truth, if you are hardworking then you can make some money. The amount will not look very promising if you are from a developed country. But it can look better if converted into Indian, Pakistani, Srilankan or South African money ( there are Nigeria, Kenya, Nepal, Bangladesh too).

$200 is good for some side income if you save it, and use the money as an annual extra income. With $2400 you can buy many thing even in America.

So,what about the question?
    Yes, there are many people who are making more than $200 here and it may take a bit work to do so. Who is making that money?
    Find it out man, I am not gonna say because of the TOS thing (though I know most of them!).

My salary is $200 a month as an apprentice in India. $200 = 12,000 in Indian currency.

19. blueheron profile image92

I am a member of a local writer's club--mostly older ladies (and one older gentleman) and mostly former schoolteachers. Most of the ladies write memoirs or family histories, along with some fiction and poetry, and some devotional stuff. Two or three are interested in publishing their work, and one has had his work published through a "vanity publisher," as they used to call them.

It's very difficult to get a book--or even a magazine or newspaper--article published these days. I used to write freelance magazine and newspaper articles in the 1980s. It was generally not very well paying.

Hub pages is one way for a writer to get his/her work before the public, and get paid something for it, even if it's not much. And it beats beating your head against a wall trying to get a publisher for your book, or sending out fruitless queries proposing magazine articles. Heck, in the bad old days, there was no way whatsoever to present your work except by begging the publishing-company gatekeepers to give you a chance.

Now, the print media are about done.

So, considering the available options, Hub Pages doesn't seem like a bad way to go, for the would-be writer.

20. blueheron profile image92

Greekgeek, I see that you're writing about things you are passionate about. THAT is probably a big plus!

21. Astra Nomik profile image63
    Astra Nomikposted 10 years ago

My traffic is rising a small amount and my earnings, though low compared to others... is rising as well. Have any hubbers tried to use Tumblr to create new ways of generating interest in their writing?

Tumblr is easiest blog system in the world and Google loves it as it is SEO friendly and search engine ready. I have discovered some increases in traffic from my Tumblr page.

I made a link to my Tumblr at the top of my Profile on my blog. Tumblr has a feature that lets others bookmark you in Tumblr and you get tumbled onto other Tumblr pages. I have seen people get lots more traffic this way.

Hmmm sounds intersting. Gonna have to give it a go.

2. freefall3012 profile image68

how did you get your page to look like that in the background?

22. dwelburn profile image92
    dwelburnposted 10 years ago

Are you prepared to say anything about how you manage to earn $750 per month on Bubblews, wowtgp?

Yes

23. dwelburn profile image92

Ok; thank you. I'd love to know how you do that. Anything you can tell me would be much appreciated.

Will it be appropriate if I link a Bubble here? Create an account on Bubblews first. Please intimate me once you are done with it.

I couldn't get bubblews to load on my computer

Loading fine here.

2. Marsha Musselman1 profile image83

It would probably be more appropriate to send an email rather than putting in a link to the article/comment that you are referring to as we aren't supposed to post links of our own or other sites we write for unless you put something into your profile. That may be okay.

24. LindaSmith1 profile image61

dwelburn: I am not at that level of earnings on bubblews, but these are the ways, the best I can surmise:

1. Live on Bubblews
    2. Post 10 posts a day which is the daily limit
    3. Have a lot of connections which is like followers on HP and your circles on Google Plus
    4. Spend a lot of time view the posts of your connects and others
    5. Spend a lot of time making comments on posts

The views come from members. If you spend the time to look at posts and like them, most of the time that writer will look at yours and do the same.

1. LindaSmith1 profile image61
      LindaSmith1posted 10 years agoin reply to this

dwelburn: Out of curiosity, I was about 10 bucks shy of payout minimum which is $25. You can request money as soon as you hit $25, which means you can get paid more than one time per month.

Anyway, for the first time, I posted the daily limit of 10 posts today to see what happens. Within one hour, I am now less than $5 away from payout minimum.

As long as your posts are not Wikipedia type or educative, you should be fine.  I for one concentrate on organic traffic rather than being a comment-whore. I don't have time for that.

It's surprisingly easy to rank well for any keyword without too much effort. Don't know why though.

hey do you write your stories by hitting the submit button by the +bubblews button?

Yep, it's more like my personal diary smile

2. Askme profile image81

How do we request a pay out? I thought the minimum pay out was $50 did it change??

1. psycheskinner profile image83
          psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

They are talking about Bubblews, not Hubpages.

1. Askme profile image81

Thanks for the clarification.

25. dwelburn profile image92

I don't know all of HP's T&C's but don't see why it would be a problem. I'm on my way out now, so will create an account later and get back to you. Thanks.

I will be here smile

26. Greekgeek profile image78
    Greekgeekposted 10 years ago

The trouble with bubblews is that you're getting paid to be active on bubblews.
    The minute you stop, the pay disappears. Is it worth it as a full-time job?

Also, it looks to me like It's begging for a Panda downranking.

As long as I am getting paid regularly, I don't have to care about these stuff. And no, you don't need to be active on Bubblews to be paid. I am earning more than $7 per day passively. Getting organic traffic to Bubbles is significantly easier than doing it with hubs (for now).

But as the old saying goes 'You shouldn't keep all your eggs in one basket'. That's why I have been more active on HubPages and Squidoo lately. Google loves quality stuff. And yeah, Panda downranking seems inevitable.

Not quite understanding, if you are earning $750 a month then that would mean on a 31 day month you would need to be earning about $24.19 a day, and on a 20 day month $25 a day. You say above that you are earning $7 a day passively, which infers you are not earning the $750 you said you are because you are not currently active on Bubblews. $7 a day is only about $217 a month. Can you clarify please? Thanks

I said I am earning $7 from all the Bubbles I have published so far. With more than 400 articles written over there, I am at a stage where if I were to go inactive on Bubblews, I will still be earning $200-$250 a month.

But instead, I am working my as* of everyday to get to more people's radar and I will soon be having more than 2,000 followers. I still publish 10 articles a day (Max. limit).

I can show you proof of my payments, if you need any.

I'm not accusing you of being untruthful at all, but still confused by your wording/phrasing. Are you actually earning $750+ a month from your 400 articles, or are you earning $7 a day from them? Also how are you sure that if you went inactive you would still earn the $200+ you suggest as many say you have to stay active on there to continue earning? I am intrigued to know more as I have just signed up there, but am hearing rumours of many people complaining bitterly that they are not getting payouts when they ask for them (even though they have earned the money).

It might have been a typo, but here is the post where you said you were earning over $750 a month on Bubblews:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/114951? … ost2443614

As for payouts, let me tell you that you will have to be patient with them as they are still a new company. I am waiting for more than 12 payouts to arrive, but have gotten an assurance from them that I will be paid within 3 days.

So, as long as you are not publishing anything that violates their TOS, you should be fine.

And as for earnings, I will break it down for you -

1.) I have published more than 400 articles over there within 2 months that fetch me more than $7 a day because of the organic traffic I get.

2.) But I am not inactive on Bubblews.

3.) I still publish 10 articles a day which is the maximum limit.

4.) Those 10 articles help me earn somewhere between $17-$21.

5.) And thus I make $24-$28 a day over there.

6.) You see, it's incredibly easy to rank for even some of the very competitive keywords easily.

7.)I am getting 700 view per day from Google which means $7 a day, because they pay 1 cant per view.

I hope, I have made everything clear smile

That would still worry me as they should have the funds to pay you if they are making promises. I would never let it get to 12 payouts before stopping writing for any company. I would stop after one failed payout, and not write any more until I got that one.

So I would see that as you earning just $210-$217 from Bubblews directly?

So how can you say you will still earn if you are inactive. It does sound like you are assuming this without having tried it?

That is great, but not sure of the relevance it has to my question, but well done for the effort to get 10 a day done.

So are you earning from those 10 articles on the day you post them $17-$21 or are you saying overall those same 10 articles continue to pay this daily? I am guessing you are saying that each day by writing 10 new articles you earn $17-$21 based on those newer articles, am I correct?

Basically same as my question above.

Don't understand why this would be the case, but I expect an SEO expert could step in and explain this.

That is interesting, where are you getting the 1 cent per view figure from? That makes for a pretty high CPM ($10), high by Google's general levels.

Well I do appreciate you have tried, and spent time typing out your response, but as you can see I am still not 100% clear on this.

Good heavens! I have never dug in that deep.

And yes you are right for the most part. I am earning 17-19 bucks a day from internal Bubblews traffic and rest of $7-$8 from organic traffic.

I have still not figured out as to how they manage to pay us so much.

That's what is worrying me, it sounds as if they aren't doing, just promising to. There are numerous people complaining online  that they are owed large amounts of money by Bubblews and are not getting paid out, although other people seem to be getting smaller payouts without a problem. Personally I will give it a try, but each and every time I hit payout threshold of $25 I will be requesting those funds, and will not write more until I receive them.

I haven't wrote 10 a day yet. I guess I start picking it up

You are doing great over there smile

27. ologsinquito profile image81

Hi Greekgeek,

I don't think it's worth it as a full-time job unless someone is desperate for relatively fast cash. It doesn't seem to have the long-term potential as some of the other revenue-sharing sites. There is no possibility of affiliate sales. It's just a diversion that pays a little.

well if your like me, I'm a stay at home mom, I love writing I stay at home all day, unless I got errands to run. So staying active isn't a problem for me, my kids just kind of do their own thing in their rooms or whatever so im pretty much online constantly. And I don't need to make thousands or millions though it would be a dream job ha ha  Id be happy with a little extra money of my own, so im doing what I love to do any getting a little pocket change at the same time in which I can say I earned on my own lol

While $800 a month might not be much, I fail to comprehend how is it a little pay?

hey that's great! That's way more then I expected.  That's plenty for me. now I just gotta figure out how to get it out there in the mix. Any advice?

Hit me up on Bubblews. I reckon, it's not appropriate to talk about some other site here. HubPages staff certainly won't appreciate it one bit.

Or better yet. Tell me your username.

freefall3012 im working on my first bubblews right now ill be don't probably about 15 minutes

And yeah, Bubblews pays one cent per view.

28. FatFreddysCat profile image93
    FatFreddysCatposted 10 years ago

I've made 200...Pennies!!

2 dollars? lol hey every little bit helps

Same here.

1. dwelburn profile image92
        dwelburnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Do you have the same username on Bubblews? I haven't opened an account there yet, but expect I will have the same username. I've been looking at it and it seems all the articles are just chit-chat, rather than the factual articles that I write. I'm not good at chit-chat, so that might be a problem.

yes same name freefall3012.  Yeah that's what I love about it. I can write anything I want to write. and I get paid for doing nothing, I don't even have to advertise, every view, every comment you get paid for. It's the idea I had in mind when I first started looking for sites like this

Hey, don't you ever write any factual articles over there. No one is interested in 'em over there. If you want people to peruse your Bubbles, be humorous, find something unique to talk about.

And yeah, I have the same username over there.

29. Sue Adams profile image96
    Sue Adamsposted 10 years ago

I only have 63 hubs. I am on strike with HP until they get rid of the dreaded "related search" ads that spoil our domains and for which we don't get a cent of revenue share. Despite all that, last March I by far exceeded the figure you mention, when one of my hubs went viral via Pinterest. That Hub is still doing well compared to my other hubs but now with the recent Panda slap I'm back to 2 figures monthly payouts. Looking into publishing elsewhere as HP seems to be going down the blue arrows drain.

well I just started on this other site and already made $1.60. What I also really like about it is that you can write anything, and you don't have to advertise by yourself and you don't have to sign up for any ad program and hope that you get approved. $1.60 may not seem like a lot for 2 posts, but if you see the big picture there are tons of potential for fast, easy, big payouts And there isn't as many standards to meet before you get published or paid. 400 or 500 words minimum, that isn't hard to do at all

freefall3012, Share the name of the site with us. Please.

bubblews  I am now up to $1.74 that fast and have just started today

I've tried there too. I am up to $5.84 without writing as much as one article here would take. It does worry me a bit that it could hurt my rep with Google in the end. I don't know.

I don't see why it would hurt your rep with google to write somewhere else. I really don't think they care as long as they are getting paid and you aren't writing the same things there as you are here

I don't see why it would hurt your rep with google to write somewhere else. I really don't think they care as long as they are getting paid and you aren't writing the same things there as you are here

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

If the site is regarded by Google as a "bad neighbourhood" then it could be damaging.

well idk how to find that out, but I'm not worried myself they have rejected my application 2 or 3 times

I am not sure how it would damage your reputation.

3. Mark Ewbie profile image82
                  Mark Ewbieposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I have had enough of what Google thinks to last me a lifetime.  I don't care if they think it is the spammiest most awful site since all the others they punished.  Google does not own the internet, or me.  They can shove their authorship up their ass.

1. Bill Yovino profile image89
                    Bill Yovinoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Amen, brother!

Lol....

Mark, I agree. I've had enough of Google too and am ready to ignore them.

4. NateB11 profile image89

I don't use Bubblews for backlinks nor do I use the same user name. I just play on there and earn money, leaving my activity there totally disconnected from anything else I do on the Internet. I'd worry about the value of backlinks, plus there's still lots of scrapers there and I don't want my stuff stolen. That's been my approach.

Hey, can you guys tell your usernames, so that I can connect with you over there.

My user name is just Barbara.

OK smile

Sue, Those related searches may even be what is driving our traffic down.

30. nancymaggielee profile image70
    nancymaggieleeposted 10 years ago

It took me about 20 quality hubs and 6 months to make almost $52.  Hubpages has a minimum payout to your PayPal account of $50.  In the grand scheme of things, $50 is not much, I know.

But if you consider writing about your passions and interests on an ongoing basis in your spare time and without a dollar sign in the back of it, you could probably steadily grow your income on a site like HubPages easily to be more.

I think it will take time, patience and diligence to do it, but I think it can be done.

1. Marisa Wright profile image87

Actually you're doing quite well.  When I joined HubPages, I had about 50 Hubs by the 6 month mark, and I had earned about $30.   I reached my first payout (which was then $100) about a year after I first joined - but I earned my next $100 within three months, and after that I was making payout every month.   All with about 60 Hubs.

If you've got good Hubs, their earnings potential does increase over time, provided they stay Featured.

1. profile image55

I also got my first payout after 4 months with 52 article but afterward I'm getting payout every month. Even getting $180-200
        From last 3 months with same articles. Just added 18 more hubs this month.

Damn, I gotta learn from you. Haha

Hmmm......you guys are doing really well. Gotta be persistent to do something.

31. dwelburn profile image92

Ok; my username over there is dwelburn and I've just put up my first post. It's a bit factual I'm afraid, but written in a more informal style than usual. Hopefully I'll learn. Any comments/ advice would be much appreciated of course. Thanks.

I will connect to you over there smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

I am under the same username as here 'mistyhorizon2003' smile

I will connect to you too smile

Thanks for that. I had just connected with you about half an hour ago and see you have connected back. I actually do enjoy it over there, simple to post and a nice friendly community so far. I really hope it does work out okay as a site and that Panda leave it alone. smile

They need not be afraid of Pandas and Penguins. Bubblews is capable of surviving on it's own smile

1. Askme profile image81

Joined Bubblews last weekend.  Yes the money accumulates faster than on hubpages but many stories about not getting paid. Also, much of what is posted seems incomprehensible.  Wondering if many of the Bubblers are cutting and pasting someone else's work but changing a word or two.  Seems these Bubblers may not have English as their primary language and when they change a word or two it is completely wrong!

Almost unfair that people on Bubblews post illiterate things but get paid the same as the better writers.

Bubblews, we are supposed to share our thoughts, and not to showcase our writing skills.
                Not trying to sound arrogant or offensive, but that's the notion around which the whole Bubblews mechanism work.  But I agree that those who copy-paste the while stuff or those who can't string a meaningful sentence by themselves should not be allowed in  Bubblews in the first place, as it means, an inevitable scourge from Google somewhere down the line in near future.

32. Bill Yovino profile image89
    Bill Yovinoposted 10 years ago

Sounds like a plan, mistyhorizon2003.  I just moved over a few idled Hubs and they're already showing more earnings in an hour or so than they've earned here in three years. It does sound too good to be true so I will be taking the same payout approach as you.

+1 Good luck Bill smile

2. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

What is your name on Bubblews Bill?

3. Askme profile image81

<<<< I just moved over a few idled Hubs and they're already showing more earnings in an hour or so than they've earned here in three years. >>>>

SAME here.  BTW, is that in violation of any TOS with hubpages?? I mean don't we own our writings?

No you are okay to mention this so don't worry. In general the biggest 'no no' is to give enough information away that would allow someone to calculate your CPM, (essentially a combination of views and revenue received). This is something Adsense have a problem with rather than HP.

I did end up making the payout + this month, but because of Summer and the latest Panda algorithm, find very few up, red arrows these days. But it's my 2nd summer, and I found that by mid-Aug, kids are back online for college, and usually my views go way up. So I'm writing here for a bit, although I am also keeping up my blog. I'm not sure if I want to continue it just because I like it. It seems many people view my niche as a "help" or "advice" column, and they all want info, but don't want to pay for services. If I could start over, I would not have given so much information out on individual hubs, because I've studied for 35 years, paid a lot of money for courses, and have hundreds of textbooks on the various subjects I write about, also very expensive. But had I not explained what I knew to people, I wouldn't have had the loyal audience I have. So it's hard to decide.

33. jhendor profile image68
    jhendorposted 10 years ago

Am aspiring to make such.But i will soon make more and am sure

34. Bill Yovino profile image89
    Bill Yovinoposted 10 years ago

Apologies - Most won't get this reference, but some older folk will....

I'm waiting for a Hubber who has gone over to Bubblews to shout "IT'S A COOKBOOK!"

1. Melissa A Smith profile image95
      Melissa A Smithposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Well I'm not old but-to serve man

1. Bill Yovino profile image89
        Bill Yovinoposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Bingo!

35. Winterfate profile image94

I have a love/hate relationship with Google. On the one hand, I want to strangle them when my hub traffic plummets. On the other hand, when my traffic spikes positively, I can't help but grin.

I'm doomed, aren't I? yikes

36. Sue Adams profile image96

My username is SueAdams. See you there...

Ok

37. Winterfate profile image94

Hrmm, I'm Skytear over there if anyone wants to connect. smile

(I've seen several of you over there already. big_smile )

I have connected to ya smile

1. Winterfate profile image94
        Winterfateposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I know. I connected back. big_smile

38. BrandyMD profile image68
    BrandyMDposted 10 years ago

I've been here for a year and made just under a dollar, I'm not very good at hubpages apparently.

You have four live hubs in generic saturated topics. That could be why wink

Just perused your article over Wizzely. An eye opener!

Good to know that competition tab is not of any business to us.

Thanks smile Yes, common mistake!

39. Anil and Honey profile image61
    Anil and Honeyposted 10 years ago

I don't know, please look my profile, google Adsense still continue their pending. So I get zero earnings.

???

yeah I got tired of hubpages, because without google adsense approving you you cant get paid a penny. They rejected my app 4 times so I decided to give up. too much hardwork you have to put in over here for nothing

I can help you with AdSense approval if you want smile

40. Askme profile image81
    Askmeposted 10 years ago

All I have to say is THANK YOU for this question and the lead to that other site.  I signed on yesterday afternoon and have already made more $$ than the last 7 days on hubpages.

You are welcome smile
      By the way, what is your username over there?

1. Askme profile image81

Becca

41. Aneegma profile image71
    Aneegmaposted 10 years ago

Well I just got paid about $50 for three articles a year later so I'm guessing it's possible to make $200 a month although I haven't seen any concrete proof of anyone making that much. Most hubs that go on about making money here are all just ideas of how to do it. I don't believe the writers actually make that much.

1. Askme profile image81

I have been on hubpages for 5 years, written over 50 hubs. I've only been paid 3 times and once got a gift card (that was back in the very early days don't think they do that anymore). 

I like Hubpages but I am branching out to other sites.

1. Askme profile image81

Also, I don't understand but in the last year my scores have gone from 100 tto 89  sad

2. Askme profile image81

Also in the last year my hub scores have gone from top 90's and sometimes 100's to 89! Not sure why.  Usually my hubs are featured but lately...not so much.

3. WryLilt profile image88

I very easily make payout once a month here. People do earn here.

Just time and patience right Wry smile

4. mistyhorizon2003 profile image87

I can assure you that many of us do, and although I am over two thirds down on what I used to earn here, I still earn generally over $200 a month (this month is likely to be the first in years I don't quite hit the $200 mark). I definitely wouldn't expect too much from 3 articles, I have 280 and used to have about 320. Unless your articles go viral or happen to hit a niche that is totally unsaturated you are unlikely to hit $200 a month from such a low amount of articles anywhere.

42. jaydawg808 profile image81
    jaydawg808posted 10 years ago

I'm not saying how much I make or have made on HubPages.  But I will say that it takes time.  I will also say that getting to know what people are looking for makes all the difference.  Those are the hubs that will receive hits. 

Lastly, never put all your eggs in one basket.  If you only have 1 place where you "think" you're going to hit it big, you won't.

43. paiva25 profile image80
    paiva25posted 10 years ago

Made my first payout this month, i.e within 2 months of getting approved for adsense...
    Didn't write any article either this month due to a busy schedule, so yea 200$ should be possible with a lil effort I guess..

44. profile image0
    Beth37posted 10 years ago

Is there anyone who is making more than $200 here?

I am, but not at hubpages.

Same here smile

1. profile image0
        Beth37posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Not to imply that I am making it on any writing site... but I do make roughly $200 dollars a year working nearly 40 hours per week. Nice.

You keep changing your profile pic. It's difficult to recognize you smile

45. The Touch Typist profile image78
    The Touch Typistposted 10 years ago

I have read all your comments and discussions. I've made an account on bubblews, and if you would like to connect there, my username is "thetouchtypist". I've already posted an article, so I hope everything will be good!

1. soulfully profile image61
      soulfullyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I'm also on Bubblews. I've written ten articles so far and made the minimum cash out of $25. I put in for redemption over five days ago. Still no email or any contact what so ever from any Bubblews staff. Not looking good so far. A lot of other people are complaining about the site too.

I have more than $100 still outstanding, but at the same time, they have paid me over $1,000 within 2 months. Thy can keep it if they want. I am not going to complain smile

1. dwelburn profile image92
          dwelburnposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree, but if people are having trouble with their first redemption it's not a good sign is it? A lot of people are saying the same. Do you know if this is likely to be resolved? Not much point putting effort into it if you are not going to be paid is there?

Of course, it's going to be resolved. 3.0 update is just around the corner.

46. cornwall_UK profile image70
    cornwall_UKposted 10 years ago

I'd built up my stuff to close to $400/month .... then it died.

I've sat, flat out, with my websites and hubs, for the last 4-5 months churning out content ... and the more I do, the harder I work, the less I earn each month.

Quite depressing sad

47. findwholeness profile image87
    findwholenessposted 10 years ago

All it takes is for one hub to go viral. How do you do that? By picking a topic that lots of people are interested in, having good quality writing and doing a little keyword research. Nearly half of my traffic is from a single hub and it all comes from Google searches. I've been on HubPages since April, have 22 hubs and made over $200 for this July. It also takes a little luck. I didn't know when I wrote it that that hub would be so successful. You just have to experiment with different topics to see what works.

1. Askme profile image81

Well...I've been on hubpages for over 5 years. Many of my hubs have been listed on other hubber's pages  but frequently, the complaints I hear from others is their hubs will not be published by hubpages because of ambiguous reasons or they are considered not quality after more than a year of being quality and getting lots of traffic.  I only see fluff hubs being highlighted as HOD that deal with gardening tips or other non-controversial subjects so I doubt those kind of stories go viral.

When you say you made $200 for July do you mean just for July? If that is true you are one of the few if not only ones to achieve that much in 1/2 penny sales. Congrats.

1. findwholeness profile image87
        findwholenessposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Yes, just for July. Thanks! I got my first payout this month, which was $78 for all of April-June. I've just been steadily gaining each day. I sure hope it's not a fluke! I keep expecting it to drop off, but I'm going to ride this wave as long as I can.

48. LindaSmith1 profile image61

They don't care about quality at all.

49. Raitu Disong profile image59
    Raitu Disongposted 10 years ago

Anyone here in Bubblews?
    My name in Bubblews is  r777...Would love to see you there smile

wowtgp there as well.

50. Sue Adams profile image96

I joined Bubblews using the same username but adjoined as SueAdams

I"m just Barbara at Bubblelews.

Hi Barbara,
        For the last 2 or 3 months I was doing better than ever before.That seems about right, because I had about 110 hubs, and I've been here for 2 1/2 years. By the time I was here 6 months, Panda hit. So I was here for 1 year before I even managed to get a payout every other month. So lately I've been happy to make a little bit of money each month, some kind of return for all my time and work here. During that 2 1/2 yrs., I worked on my blog for a whole year, and didn't post any new content on HP.

But as of a few weeks ago, my traffic hit an all time low. Out of 130 hubs, some days I look and have NO red arrows at all. When I was making money I had about 7,000 or 8,000 views a week. I believe I posted that wrong on another thread. In the last few weeks, I'm lucky if I get 500 views a week, I'm making under a dollar a day now. I just got by with the minimum payment plus $10.00 for July, so don't expect to see a payment for August. Fall usually is an up traffic time, but I'm unsure now.

I don't think the administration is honest with us, or else they don't know what they are doing. There's a lot less garbage on here than there used to be, so I really don't know what it is they are trying to "fix." I think they are full of it, or don't know what they are doing and just blindly trying new things.

The new format is ridiculous. I have a Famous People of the Astrology Signs series, and I change a few of the people each year. The hub had reviews of 5 people, rather long ones, about 10 pictures, and 3 You Tube videos, because I tend to like musicians. I was only updating when I realized all the categories they give you in the upper right hand corner for a "stellar hub" were fulfilled. If I had written that whole piece from scratch instead of updating, it would have taken me about 10 hours to do it. So we are working for less money per hour than people in China. I have been getting recognition and a few people tried to make business deals with me, one statistician wanted to pair up and make spreadsheets to see how accurate Astrology is. Someone asked me to be the answer person for a tarot column that runs in a newspaper each week. but I never heard back. Metaphysical people can be flaky, you have to be careful when giving advice, as I'm not a professional in mental health care!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)