jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

What would you say are the key items when you read a hub that make you vote up?

1. misslong123 profile image86
    misslong123posted 3 years ago

What would you say are the key items when you read a hub that make you vote up?

What makes the hub good quality in your eyes? What makes you want to read it til the end? What capsules capture your attention the most? And on the reverse side, what makes you hit that back button fast or decide a hub is poor quality and not worth your time?

2. C.V.Rajan profile image79
    C.V.Rajanposted 3 years ago

Good English, easy and free flow, clarity of thought, logical flow of ideas, capability to sustain interest, small paragraphs, absence of Amazon modules in between the article, relevant pictures in between the articles... Presence of humor or some intelligent/ novel writing style is a big plus for me to read an article fully.

1. misslong123 profile image86
      misslong123posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Those are great, well thought out answers. I agree on the grammar. I know for many people English isn't their first language, but mistakes distract me and make me think the source is unreliable.  Thanks for your input! smile

3. Hendrika profile image83
    Hendrikaposted 3 years ago

Interesting information presented in an attractive way, easy to read yet with all the info you need to know about that specific topic.

4. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 3 years ago

I tend to look for a well written piece of work, with plenty of research where necessary, some personal experience thrown in for good measure and appropriate good quality, self taken images. Wow, sounds like I'm looking for perfection! Maybe I am. But if all the criteria are filled I'll read to the end and, if I'm not familiar with the author, I'll go to their profile and look up one or two more articles.

I wince when I meet bad grammar and often don't read beyond the first glaring error.

I don't like hubs with too many Amazon capsules. For me this points to an author who is simply there for the sales.

5. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

I like hubs that teach me something.  they are authoritative, but have just enough personal experience tied in to not feel like regurgitated information.  I enjoy text that is broken up.  A large wall of text or huge paragraphs are hard on the eyes and I will click away. 

I also can't stand horrible grammar and spelling. We all make mistakes, but when people don't make an effort to improve it or correct it, then sorry, I can't make the effort to decipher it. 

I enjoy hubs with visuals - particularly with how-to or instructional hubs.

6. Madoline Balle profile image75
    Madoline Balleposted 3 years ago

I thumbs up an article when it is well written, well researched, and keeps my interest the whole way through. The research can be replaced by the experience of the author, if the author maintains his credibility throughout. I am also a fan of How to and DIY articles, and if I learn something new from them, I give a thumbs up.

working