jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Is it ok to give a shout out when your ebook is on kindle free promo?

1. Johnny Parker profile image82
    Johnny Parkerposted 3 years ago

Is it ok to give a shout out when your ebook is on kindle free promo?

My kids picture book, The Lazy Seagull is on the KDP free promo this Easter Weekend. Is it okay to give it a shout out here and maybe post the Amazon link?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image74
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I see Tweets about new ebooks on Twitter all of the time. They even leave links to see them on Amazon.

1. Johnny Parker profile image82
      Johnny Parkerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yeah have put some on Twitter but I was wondering about doing a shout out on Hubpages. Has anyone tried this?

2. The Examiner-1 profile image74
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well in the Hubs we are not allowed to promote or sell and doing on a forum is probably the same thing. So to the best of my knowledge I would say no. You can try reading Learning Center & FAQ for more info:http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/cont

3. JayeWisdom profile image91
    JayeWisdomposted 3 years ago

I think you just did give a "shout out" about your book. Even without the Amazon link, it will be easy for any HP reader to find and read. Congratulations!

4. profile image61
    Edwin Brownposted 3 years ago

Like someone already noted here, it would not be hard to find your e
    ebook and so this may be a moot point.  Anyway, what I want to do is congratulate you on getting this book together and listed in Kindle.

I hope it sells like gangbusters and you can do a hub on how you achieved your success.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 3 years ago

In general, HubPages is not a good place to promote your work from other websites. They prefer that you stick to HP specific content, like articles and traffic-generating questions. Otherwise you might get labeled as 'spam' or 'overly promotional' which will lead to deleted content. Your best bet is to include a product link in an article with a related topic. Like, if you wrote an article about how to use KDP, you could include a link to the picture book at the end. Straight up advertisements should be kept on social media sites like facebook and twitter.

working