jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If you could work with any writer dead or alive who would it be?

1. Rakim Cheeks profile image60
    Rakim Cheeksposted 2 years ago

If you could work with any writer dead or alive who would it be?

2. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 2 years ago

Probably John Steinbeck.  He was always a favourite of mine.  I was quite surprised that it took him so long to eventually pick up that very coveted literature accreditation, The Nobel Prize for Literature so late in life, for his masterpiece was quite obviously, 'The Grapes of Wrath' which he wrote when quite young.

John Steinbeck wrote serious novels, light-hearted stories such as Cannery Row, and even stage plays, e.g.  The Moon is Down.   A masterful storyteller, he was undoubtedly one of the best.

3. Akriti Mattu profile image77
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

I would love to work with Dan Brown. Love his writing.

4. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

I would love to work with Stephen King because I respect his outstanding writing ability.Although I would be a little afraid to work side by side with someone who can create such stories of horror

5. Cayo Masigasig profile image61
    Cayo Masigasigposted 2 years ago

I will work with John Green. For the simple reason that i love his  works.

6. Jason Marovich profile image87
    Jason Marovichposted 2 years ago

Ralph Waldo Emerson.  There's others, but Emerson came to mind first.  He could describe in writing what was in his mind's eye.  I love descriptive authors like James Fenimore Cooper, Herman Melville, and John Updike, too. 

Emerson's writing took me to places like Boston or the wilds of New England and feel as if I'd really experienced them.  What a gift that is.  I'd love to learn from him if he were alive today.

7. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I would work with Joss Whedon. Not only was he a big influence on me, but a lot of our interests seem to match up. I'm kind of shocked that he hasn't written any novels. So working with him on a novel would be a lot of fun.

8. Cerulean Crayon profile image67
    Cerulean Crayonposted 2 years ago

I would choose CS Lewis. His generosity to all of us, in giving us his great works, must have been beautiful to see in person. If I have a hero, he's it.