jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)

Do you believe ISIS is a threat to the United States and the whole world?

1. Sparklea profile image75
    Sparkleaposted 2 years ago

Do you believe ISIS is a threat to the United States and the whole world?

Just how powerful do you think ISIS is?  Is our country strong enough to conquer this evil?

2. AndrewHil93 profile image43
    AndrewHil93posted 2 years ago

There's been no news of ISIS in the United Kingdom for over a month now... it's like a media blackout over here.

Sparkleaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much Andrew Hill I so appreciate your taking time to answer my question, blessings Sparklea

3. Akriti Mattu profile image78
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

Yes it is. The fundamentalism and bigotry that ISIS is propagating in dangerous.

Akriti Thank you for your feedback.  So much appreciate it.  I am always thrilled to hear opinions from my Hub friends.  Blessings, Sparklea

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
      Faith Reaperposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Akriti, yes it most certainly is!

3. Sparklea profile image75

Faith THANK YOU for your participation, so appreciate it!

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years ago

I think they have made it clear they are a threat and supposedly there are hundreds or even thousands of sympathizers of theirs in America right now and many having conversations with them online and then sent to blocked communications online for conversations or instruction or whatever and no one has the power to trace those communications it is claimed so we have no idea how fast this is going or how serious it may be soon and that is not even considering the fact we have open borders still! Yes I think it is going to be very very bad and will lead to martial law which could be even worse.
    What more do they need to say or do to convince America, I wonder? Why are we waiting for the bad, why haven't we done more in all this time? We have always been the most powerful and this would have been a joke just a few years back for anyone to threaten us this way. What is the idea of becoming so weak and do-less at a time when we need to be so strong? What it must be like for our military to have to sit back and watch this happen....

1. Faith Reaper profile image88

Thanks Jackie.  ISIS is a threat to the US and the world, obviously. It is hard for me to comprehend how they are allowed to continue their terror around the world and a threat to our way of life.

2. Sparklea profile image75

Jackie I totally agree, and my concern is that it does not seem to me that America is paying much attention to this horrendous evil.  THANK you for taking time to answer this question which is of great concern to me.  I also THANK YOU Faith -yes, yes

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

We all know it does not have to be and the only way that it is is because America is not what it once was. We actually have sympathizers of these terrorists not just in America but right here at HP! It is shocking how many are not paying attention!

5. SiegfredSudiacal profile image60
    SiegfredSudiacalposted 2 years ago

Well for me, ISIS is just taking revenge, their country was invaded by the US because of false information about biological weapons that can kill billions of people, but until now they don't even have any clue or signs that it’s true. How do you feel if some country accused you of false information and attacked your country? Would you accept that? Would you stand by and watch many innocent people affected by the invasion? They are the patriots of their country and they will defend it until they die or the invasion will stop. In reality the invasion of their country is a front to take control of the crude oil that is abundant in their lands. (I'm just stating what is on my mind, I'm neutral, I don't side with either one and I'm just a citizen of a third world country that is trying to survive day by day.)

Siegfred thank you for your candid response to this question, I very much appreciate your feedback, Sincerely, Sparklea

6. Michael-Milec profile image61
    Michael-Milecposted 2 years ago

More than what one believes about ISIS, it is the fact of the matter, they are  threat to everyone  including their own people since they operate on fear and horror of instant killing. More then a countries strength to conquer this evil, is needed determination of stopping  them by their own 'firmness of purpose.' (This is not Michael speaking, this is a perfected way to victory: the one who shoots first, lives: read the history of the Civil War.)

Michael-Milec,thank you for your comment which is truly full of your genuine perspective. God bless Sparklea

2. Faith Reaper profile image88

Thanks so much, Michael-Milec. Yes, it is a fact indeed!  God bless you

7. Zelkiiro profile image94
    Zelkiiroposted 2 years ago

ISIS are barely a threat to their local convenience stores, let alone the US. They talk a big game, but as far as terrorist organizations go, they're weaksauce. People only know who they are because they're so loud and obnoxious, and the only reason they'd be hard to defeat in a military operation is purely due to the fact that organizations like ISIS love to masquerade as civilians to hide their ranks; they're so insignificant in terms of military might that sniveling cowardice is their only strength.

Zelkiiro thank you so much for your feedback, I love your term, 'weaksauce.' Never heard that before.  Very encouraging words.  Blessings, Sparklea

8. Ericdierker profile image56
    Ericdierkerposted 2 years ago

Sparklea, what I treasure most about our country is our acceptance and diversification. Oh sure it is far from perfect but so far it is the best that man can do. Things like equality for all have been hard fought for and are clearly still works in progress. That progress toward a more perfect union is what gives me great hope.
    An ideology that opposes these lofty ideals that we strive for is a threat to me. Perhaps ours is not the destiny to obtain a completely civil society but it is clearly our destiny to pursue it and try.ISIS and the philosophy that it espouses is the anathema to freedom. Where it exists, this hope for and striving for betterment is absent.
    More than any army or bomb it is a smothering dictatorial absence of civil governance that scares me. And I suppose that being scared of something is just another way of saying that I feel threatened.
    I do have faith that ISIS is ultimately not powerful enough to reverse our progress, though it can already effect it by forcing a curtailment of certain freedoms. We must be ever vigilante to balance our need for security with our need for a free society.

working