jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Is the 50 shades series and its continuation really so bad?

1. Veroniquebee profile image75
    Veroniquebeeposted 2 years ago

Is the 50 shades series and its continuation really so bad?

I've read some reviews, and so far I came up with the notion that those books are so badly written I should read them just so I could laugh over the "quality" of writing. Opinions?

2. M. T. Dremer profile image95
    M. T. Dremerposted 2 years ago

I couldn't get through the free kindle sample. Which really doesn't make me qualified to judge the book as a whole, but I feel like it says something when you can't even finish a snippet. Some people like it, but if you're looking for erotica, there is plenty of stuff out there that is written better.

Veroniquebeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Since 50 shades are way-too-long-and-badly-written fanfic, I think I will look in the fanfic genre for better erotica - I already know a wide range of authors, who are not published, but so, so much better that what I've seen of 50 shades so far...

3. jlpark profile image86
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

The quality is awful - I couldn't stomach more than a few pages - not cause of the content (that itself doesn't bother me), but because of the writing. I've read MUCH better.

I saw a meme some place about it - that had it not been based in upper class, if it had been based in a trailer park - it would have been a CSI episode not a 'romance" book.

Veroniquebeeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I've seen the meme - and I completely agree with that. I think the theme of the series itself wouldn't be all that bad, if it wasn't that badly handled.

working