jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Where's the best place to go to start your own website if you're a beginner?

1. Chriswillman90 profile image98
    Chriswillman90posted 2 years ago

Where's the best place to go to start your own website if you're a beginner?

2. alancaster149 profile image85
    alancaster149posted 2 years ago

I was put onto Webeden some years ago. With a welter of tools and options you can build your own free site, add blocks of text, images from a cache you build up from your own picture or download library. Add headings of different sizes, give your pages headings (up to eight) that are shown on the banner at the head of each page. Click on the headings to go to that page.
    The site address is: www.webeden.co.uk
    Instructions and Help sections are available for each stage of development. There are also options to set up sites you pay for. I haven't felt the need to take that step yet. I've had over 7,500 visitors to the site so far, through direct visits and links. I've got links from my RAVENFEAST page here, My Book Buzz and Twitter. I have links on my 'Bookshelf' page to my publisher and to one of my Amazon Author pages, and an e-mail link to the English Heritage Battle Abbey shop for books of mine they have on show.
    The world is your oyster, Krzysztof.(aka Chris).

Chriswillman90posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much. I'll take a look and check it out. I'm going to need as much help as possible so any website builder that takes me through each step is a huge plus.

2. alancaster149 profile image85
      alancaster149posted 2 years agoin reply to this

If you like, drop in on: www.northworldsagasite.webeden.co.uk and see what I've done with my own site. It' might give you an idea or two.

3. Venkatachari M profile image54
    Venkatachari Mposted 2 years ago

I am doing it on Google Blogger, which is also a free space for blogging and building up your own site. You will select a theme from hundreds of options and then customise it with your own tastes by selecting the fonts, colours, backgrounds and images, etc. And you can add pages and widgets and all that. You can see my mvchari.in by clicking the blog icon on my hubpages profile.

Chriswillman90posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes thank you. I wanted to start setting up a couple free blogs as soon as I hit 100 hubs, but I'm a novice at setting everything up correctly.

working