jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

I am used to writing long articles from from 10 to 30 pages long. How do I conde

1. profile image59
    wholetruthminposted 2 years ago

I am used to writing long articles from from 10 to 30 pages long. How do I condense these into a hub

2. Jason Marovich profile image89
    Jason Marovichposted 2 years ago

An article on HubPages is written as a response to what is typed in a search engine's (i.e. Google) toolbar.  I suggest you take your long articles and condense them so that they:

1.  Answer the query early in the article.
    2.  Capture the reader's attention so that they complete reading the article.

Some subjects require longer articles, some do not.  Think of it as every word you put in your longer articles is important to the work.

Here's HubPages founder Paul Edmondson instructing a young Hubber in the early days of HubPages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA-sEfXOaEQ

Hope this helps.

(Just kidding!  The video is from A River Runs Through it, a biography written by Norman Mclean).

3. Londonlady profile image92
    Londonladyposted 2 years ago

I've had this same issue where I need to take long paged articles for school and make them internet friendly. Never quite as much as 30 pages, but long none the less.

I think if your hub is reaching about 3000 words in length it's best to start splitting it up into smaller hubs. This was a suggestion by Hubpages staff in their FAQ's I think or something of the sort.

Can you split different subsections of the article into smaller hubs? For example, you write about religion so make one part "Religious books to read"  another can be "Eternal destiny" etc. Whatever makes sense to split into small sections for that article. Hope that helped.

1. Kristen Howe profile image90
      Kristen Howeposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree with everyone here. You can break them down into parts and have many hubs. That's what I did for one of my editing hubs.

2. profile image59
      wholetruthminposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense. Thanks for the info.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

wow, if you can write that long, i suggest you break them into several hubs, each hub 1k words, link them together, too  long hubs may not please every readers

1. profile image59

I agree that around a thousand words per hub is a good criteria to follow. Thanks for the advice.

5. Faceless39 profile image93
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

List the main points in the longer article. Summarize each section more succinctly. The long articles can be made into e-books, the hubs can be short "tasters" that link to the longer e-books. Hope that helps.

1. profile image59

That helps a lot. Thanks.

working