jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (11 posts)

What descriptive words would YOU use to describe 3AM without using the actual ti

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What descriptive words would YOU use to describe 3AM without using the actual time?

3AM conjures up so many things to many people.  For some, it is just time, no more no less.  For others, it is a time of stillness and for a few, it is THAT TIME, the time of beckoning and FEAR where ALL THINGS DARK and MALIFICENT....ABOUND.  What is 3am to YOU? Be as eerily descriptive as possible.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7666069_f260.jpg

2. Jonas Rodrigo profile image80
    Jonas Rodrigoposted 2 years ago

Magic. Genius hours. Papers. (3 am for a college student)

3. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12361605_f260.jpg

Stillness of night where one can hear a pin drop.  Such silence......eerie silence.  Hush, it is silence beyond silence.  There is a knock..........three knocks in fact.  What harks there?  Better not leave the room.  The knocks get louder.....louder.....LOUDER.   Decide to stay under the covers......Trembling this time...............Hear something in the kitchen.......Is it my imagination........or SOMETHING ELSE.....ENTIRELY............

4. Khawaja Iqbal profile image68
    Khawaja Iqbalposted 2 years ago

Narrated Abu Hurairah:
    The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) as saying: Our Lord who is blessed and exalted descends every night to the lowest heaven when the last one-third of the night remains, and says: Who supplicated Me so that I may answer him ? Who asks of Me so that I may give to him ? Who asks My forgiveness so that I may forgive him ?
    Grade: Sahih (Al-Albani)        :
    Reference     : Sunan Abi Dawud 1315
    In-book reference     : Book 5, Hadith 66
    English translation     : Book 5, Hadith 1310

5. alekdo profile image82
    alekdoposted 2 years ago

3AM is the time when most people are asleep. According to many myths and beliefs, this is the time of the activation of evil forces. There is also a belief that many people die between 3  and 4 AM. Well, I can't tell whether these beliefs have grounds or not, but I prefer not to check that. So, I fall asleep and... that's it!

6. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12608479_f260.jpg

Perhaps a relatively under-utilized term. 3 dark 30...

7. themiddlechild profile image59
    themiddlechildposted 2 years ago

Is it not called 'the witching hour', with supposed magical connotations? According to Chinese astrology it's the hour the 'Tiger' begins where housebreakings and such are not uncommon. Depending on your inclinations it could have to do with ones own energy cycles? I frequent the 'nocturnal witching hour' only because I am a moon child.

8. profile image0
    Anastasia Rokinaposted 2 years ago

The sun was only a few hours away from breaking it's first light. Soon the bright stars would fade into dawn.

9. LoisRyan13903 profile image80
    LoisRyan13903posted 2 years ago

Hump time.  I work night shift and when it is that time, my shift is half-way over.

10. Michaela Osiecki profile image78
    Michaela Osieckiposted 2 years ago

Awake again...

Traditionally, the witching hour is midnight. It wasn't until Christianity-based superstition became a thing that 3 am was regarded as an evil hour, because it's supposed to the opposite time that Jesus died on the cross (3 pm) or something.

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

This is true.

working