jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Of all the books you have read(no Holy books please) which ones do you think are

1. integrater profile image60
    integraterposted 2 years ago

Of all the books you have read(no Holy books please) which ones do you think are overrated ?

When I say overrated it means that the book is rated high by most people who have read it but you don't think it deserves the high rating. It could be  fictional or non-fictional work . No Holy books of any religion please. Commentary on Holy books is fine.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12691518_f260.jpg

2. Aime F profile image85
    Aime Fposted 2 years ago

The Great Gatsby

I read it when I was teenager (not for school), again when I was about 20, and again a year later for my university English class... each time REALLY hoping I'd see the appeal... but nope.  I just don't get it.  I mean, I get the book, I get why some people like it, but I don't really see why people LOVE it or hail it as a classic.   It wasn't terrible and I wasn't like "ugh, I hate this" while reading it, but it just doesn't do anything special for me.

integraterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Though I have heard some very nice things about The Great Gatsby I have never read the novel. I am familiar with The Great Gatsby 2013 movie because Amitabh Bachchan plays the role of Wolfsheim. Thank you for the answer.

3. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 2 years ago

Memoria de mis putas tristes by Gabriel Garcia Marquez... Bleh!

integraterposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I checked out the reviewsl. Most of the reviews are excellent, some are not.
      Thank you for your answer.

working