jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

When you have "0" for page views, can you rightly assume hubpages is dead?

1. Oscarlites profile image35
    Oscarlitesposted 2 years ago

When you have "0" for page views, can you rightly assume hubpages is dead?

2. Express10 profile image87
    Express10posted 2 years ago

It depends if that number has at least a week or more of staying power. There are many tweaks going on and updates to views are often affected in this way for days at a time. If your number is at 0 for a couple weeks then you might assume that either your hubs/HP/both are dead. This time of year through spring is typically my most robust and things do seem to be slightly down compared to the past couple of years. So, it may not be just you as some others are also complaining about lowered views and earnings.

3. DrMark1961 profile image100
    DrMark1961posted 2 years ago

If everyone had 0 page veiws, you would be correct. However, if you have 0 and there are still plenty of people out there with thousands of page views, I think the problem is not with HP.

4. MarieLB profile image81
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

My first reaction would be to check each of my articles, and see how I can improve them.

If after editing, to the best of my abilities those articles still get no views, then I will find other blogs or web-sites where I can reasonably expect some members to be interested in my articles.

Frankly, if you go through these two steps, I just cannot see you not getting any views for more than one day!

Editing does it for me, every time.

1. Oscarlites profile image35
      Oscarlitesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The real deal is that out of 90 hubs, if I do not touch, edit etc, my hub views will go to exactly zero and stay there for days and weeks at a time. If I babysit those hubs, I will get random traffic for just a day or so. Then my site is dead again.

2. DrMark1961 profile image100
      DrMark1961posted 2 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure if you are looking for help or not, but if you are think about changing your titles. Why open these articles? How about trying "Is it  wrong to have video cameras in truck cabs?" or "What can go wrong for a visitor in Alaska"?

3. MarieLB profile image81
      MarieLBposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Now I know what you mean Oscar Jones.  Same here.  Nothing much moves unless I keep at it.  I keep hoping that 'eventually' my articles will create a life of their own, but it has not happened yet!

4. Oscarlites profile image35
      Oscarlitesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

that is an amazing answer, mark..  hubpages isn't self propelling , marie.. its performance isn't impressive at all.

working