jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Attempting increase of my presence online, suggested to me by a friend to have a

1. LeeSkittrall profile image78
    LeeSkittrallposted 2 years ago

Attempting increase of my presence online, suggested to me by a friend to have an article written?

Suggestion was to have an article written about myself independent from my own content(written by another writer).

Opinions?

2. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

Lee.....If your issue is that your online presence needs to increase....you may want to realize that you need to make yourself MORE present & visible.
    It's highly unlikely an "article" about you will do the trick.  If no one knows you, why would they read it?
    I see you have very minimal followers and you follow nearly no one.  You've written only 4 hubs in 19 months.

Bottom line?  Being a freelance writer is ongoing serious work.  Get busy.. Write quality hubs, respond to comments, introduce yourself, (so to speak) to others.  Make use of social media sites~FB, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.   Participate in forums & respond to Q&A.  Use your imagination and more importantly realize this is YOUR project.  People do not simply flock to you.  Be realistic.

LeeSkittrallposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for your response, and I completely agree, however, I wasn't referring to my content on hubpages, I was simply coming back to hear to get opinions on the concept.

2. fpherj48 profile image77
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

There's your critical issue.  You want PRESENCE?  An article about YOU, as I said will do little if anything.  WRITING gives you presence,  You shouldn't be separating the two.  I said this all the first time.

3. LeeSkittrall profile image78

And that is all I was asking, I was just clarifying for those who may come and read this at a later time, thank you again for your advice and should I take writing online as my primary aspiration then I shall take that advice onboard as well

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

You might want to read my hub on this topic, Hubpages – Tips from Finding Topics to Generating Revenue to Avoiding Mistakes

Thanks for the reply, what do you think about what I stated in the question? (I am aware now that I didn't make myself clear, I am not talking about my hubpages content).

2. tamarawilhite profile image91
      tamarawilhiteposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Creating bios on your Hubpages is a start, creating a bio on your blog or Amazon author page is great, getting others to write a bio on you along with reviews of your content would be more credible than writing your own "about you" page.

3. LeeSkittrall profile image78

Thank you Tamara for your reply, I will bare that in mind when it comes to posting more content, do you think I could benefit from this on non-written content also?

working